Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs - Ventilation System, How To Change Default Re-Circulate Setting?

I've had a look for any previous posts on this but can't seem to determine if it's possible or not. I like to let fresh air into the cabin and like that the fan doesn't need to run to allow to flow in.

However, the setting defaults to re-circulate next time the car is started, has anyone found a way to change this?

If you turn off the "Auto" setting for outside/recirculate?, that goes back to "auto" when the ignition is turned off and back on again?

Has the smog detection been set too sensitive and making it go into re-circulate?

If you turn off the "Auto" setting for outside/recirculate?, that goes back to "auto" when the ignition is turned off and back on again?

Has the smog detection been set too sensitive and making it go into re-circulate?

With the fan off auto is not selectable so it simply toggles between recirculate and pass through setting and even if I select pass through, next time I put the car on it's back to recirculate (with the fan off).

Smog detection set to medium.

Sure you can also hold I think the auto setting and it will bring a hidden menu on sat nav cars to adjust the sensitivity of the smog sensor

Will set to lowest on Monday and see if that changes anything.

No change, still defaults back to recirculate. Odd thing is, was in another GS450h recently and that behaves as I want mine to by remembering the last setting the controls were set to?!

Will have another chat with our local dealer, there must be a setting somewhere for this.

if it behaves like the Prius then it will select recirculate if the aircon is on and the cabin temp is too high (by a few degrees) compared to the temp settings or if the external air temp is higher than the temp setting. It does this because it is the most efficient way to get the cabin temp down.

When you start it up in the morning when the air temp is low does it still turn on recirculate?

if it behaves like the Prius then it will select recirculate if the aircon is on and the cabin temp is too high (by a few degrees) compared to the temp settings or if the external air temp is higher than the temp setting. It does this because it is the most efficient way to get the cabin temp down.

When you start it up in the morning when the air temp is low does it still turn on recirculate?

Yes, it turns on recirculate in the morning (well every time intact) as soon as I start the car and this occurs whether the fan is on or off. It was encouraging though to see this other GS I was in not doing that..

• 11 months later...

My 2012 IS 250c immediately began to smell like mold from the ventilation system, and the dealer said that this is due to Lexus' decision to almost all the time have the car in re-circulate mode. EVEN with the top down, which seems crazy to me. No way to change it that I am aware of, except manually every time you start the car. The Owner's manual does not discuss the reason for this. Any additional info appreciated.

just as an aside to this

it could just be that the air outside sensor is fubared and is not recording actual temp (but i doubt it )as if it is over 22 C it will make the recirc come on and cooll down interior when it drops below this the recirc reverts to fresh

But here is the rub if the recirc flap lever is broke which many are due to pollen filter not replaced correctly then even tho the recirc light comes on it does not mean its in recirc mode the servo motor moves over to change mode but if its broke will not open so it stops there as it cant cool down interior

see the post on this i explained it in detail yu will be suprised how many Is.s and GS,s are running round with this lever broke

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links