Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Whats With The Lack Of Ls430S?

Is it me or are LS430s a bit thin on the ground?

Around 04 -05 ones with an actual FSH, not stamps missing etc!

Anyone else hate waiting for cars to come up :shifty:

The lack of 430s as a lot to do with production and sales of this model,it was not sold in as greater numbers after the 2004 period as when it was first introduced,the revamped version was a tad late in reviving interest in the 430 as there had been some issues with it regarding road noise and looks that were extensivly covered and slated in the motoring press.Also the comparative production period of the 430 (six years) against the 400 (ten years) which should have opened the gate for sales did not happen as with all models coming to the end of their production phase the sales drop off as people wait for the new version.This is one of the reasons I stuck with the 400 mark 4 when getting a replacement for my 1990 I thought they had gone too far with tweeking the 400 after it had reached the mark IV stage.

I've also noticed the same thing, even JDM Celsiors of this era are thin on the ground and a lot higher mileage than usual.

A nice example on the link with just 28,000 KM but overpriced me thinks, also no leather seats!

http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/japan%20car/toyota/celsior/11323749/

It could also be attibuted to people hanging on to what they have resulting in a secondhand shortage.

After four of the LS400's, I have been very happy with my LS430 and I find it much more of a car you can "drive" if you want to as compared to the previous generation.

I am moving to an LS600HL as the boot issue is no longer a problem since the kids are out of a double buggy (hence the LS430 as the 'interim' car for a while).

I've been in a few Mk4's and to be honest, I think the LS430 is a much more accomplished overall package.

Maybe people were willing to spend a lot of money on a new 400 because of its quality, despite its rather bland looks, whereas they wouldn't spend as much on a 430, which some found positively ugly. I must admit I used to, and thought it was too much of a Mercedes clone, although now I like it and find it rather imposing - I think it's the extra cabin height compared to the 400, which feels cramped for such a big car.

Hi there,

Im a kiwi living in North Wales and have a LS430 and love it. I like the look better than the 400, but that's me. For me it's all about arriving safely with my family, and staying comfortable during sightseeing. My only issue since being here was I noticed a lot of people drive small cars, and parking is at a premium for large cars. But I do get alot of positive comments on the car.

Hi there,

Im a kiwi living in North Wales and have a LS430 and love it. I like the look better than the 400, but that's me. For me it's all about arriving safely with my family, and staying comfortable during sightseeing. My only issue since being here was I noticed a lot of people drive small cars, and parking is at a premium for large cars. But I do get alot of positive comments on the car.

It seems from other threads on this that if you are going to go up from a Mk3/4 400 the 430 is the best as there have been a few issues with the 460.

Mike

I dont think it looked as special as a 400 but in black its growing on me, gold and silver very merc like , but i love the kit.but for now i will stick with my 400 r maybe two.ps i missed out on a very low millage 03 Ls430 ,sat nav for 2500 euros ?

• 3 weeks later...

So my friend has told me about an LS430 with 200 odd k. Stamped by Lexus dealer on the dot all the way up. Spoke with the previous owner who said absolutly nothing has been replaced other than a bulb here and there. It's in silver, interior looks good with only the driver seat being used.

I'm just worried about that 200k. Front bushes need doing, however I'm worried about the shock absorbers and the cats.

What the situation with them?

It's not a case of I can't afford to run the car, it's a case of hurling ££££.££ into a 200k car!

Everythwhere.

Autotrader,car and classic, pistonheads,ebay and gumtree.

It usually takes me all of 10 minutes to know if it's worth pursuing a bit further. Then the research begins in SH, dealer work etc.

if the service book is up to date you should have no worries, as confirmed by last monts car mechanics , and wheeler dealers, oil changes are the most inportant. you can get parts from us and china dirt cheap snd good quality.I learnt the hard way.get it on a ramp and do a visual , does not take long .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links