Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Steaming Up

esp

Hi Every time the weather goes Cold the back screen becomes steamed up inside. I have checked for leakes all carpets interior and boot are all bone dry i also keep my Air con running all the time to, is this a lexus thing or is there a problem any help would be great.

I have found that it takes me a good 25/30 minutes for the back window to de-mist on my IS200 when it's particularly cold. And that's with the air con on pretty much full blast... I had my car valeted two weeks ago so I expect that the inside has a lot of moisture at the moment. I'm not sure if this is related, I don't recall misting on the back window being a problem the past two winters.

Hi Every time the weather goes Cold the back screen becomes steamed up inside. I have checked for leakes all carpets interior and boot are all bone dry i also keep my Air con running all the time to, is this a lexus thing or is there a problem any help would be great.

I don't know why it is but at this time of year every car I've owned in recent years seems to mist up badly. It always starts around early October and seems to last for about a month. No idea why. It happens to my LS, my Vauxhall Vectra and my wife's Corsa. Some mornings we can sit there for 10 mins waiting for it to clear.

On the other hand, it only takes a small amount of water getting in to cause bad condensation.

I am glad I am not the only one with the problem know mine does not steam up after its been valeted only when tempature drops to about 4 degress my back screen is the worst takes for ever to demist and thats the one that is always the worst. I have sat in the car for 10 mins before know waiting to demist.

I have found that it takes me a good 25/30 minutes for the back window to de-mist on my IS200 when it's particularly cold. And that's with the air con on pretty much full blast... I had my car valeted two weeks ago so I expect that the inside has a lot of moisture at the moment. I'm not sure if this is related, I don't recall misting on the back window being a problem the past two winters.

I like the colour on your IS you have the same wheels as mine.

I am glad I am not the only one with the problem know mine does not steam up after its been valeted only when tempature drops to about 4 degress my back screen is the worst takes for ever to demist and thats the one that is always the worst. I have sat in the car for 10 mins before know waiting to demist.

The air at this time of year is really moist, everything early morning is dripping but it does seem to get dryer as winter moves in. Be interesting to see if the problem goes in a few weeks.

Make sure your air is set to come direct from outside opposed to circulation, this will help it not fog up inside. it also states this in the owners manual.

The air at this time of year is really moist, everything early morning is dripping but it does seem to get dryer as winter moves in. Be interesting to see if the problem goes in a few weeks.

We seem to be getting alot of fog in the morning where we live so this is not helping.

My back screen takes a while to de mist as well. As long as the side mirrors are clear its fine. But for some reason I'm having to keep my air con on all the time to de mist compared to last year when I never used it in the colder months.

Finally found the problem there was a big pool of water under my jack. I have dried it all out, I am off work know on Thursday so will try and locate where the water is coming in. will keep you all posted.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys I know its taken me a long time but finally got the problem sorted it was the 2 Air vents in the Boot letting in Water. The back bumper has been removed and vents resealed problem sorted.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links