Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Gs450/250 - Delivery Experience

Just a quick message to all the new owners out there including Siler Arrow and wendle. When you bought your new car, was it already at the dealers in the showroom or did they order from central stock? Also, when you picked up the car how many miles were on the clock? Although I am very pleased with my car there is something that is bugging me in what the dealer told me. I won't explain at present but I would like to hear any answers to my questions first before I reveal all !

Just a quick message to all the new owners out there including Siler Arrow and wendle. When you bought your new car, was it already at the dealers in the showroom or did they order from central stock? Also, when you picked up the car how many miles were on the clock? Although I am very pleased with my car there is something that is bugging me in what the dealer told me. I won't explain at present but I would like to hear any answers to my questions first before I reveal all !

Hi Gra56

I ordered my car in February, 4 months before they were launched in the UK, so mine was delivered with the first batch to arrive in the UK. If I remember right it had 9 miles on the clock.

Mine was an impulse purchase, if you can call it that. I think I mentioned before that I had totally overlooked the GS after my bad IS220d, which had put me off Lexus altogether, with that experience playing on my mind.

I had an appointment at Audi Derby, to test drive a A7 Sportback quattro, but we got there early. The Lexus garage was across the road. We went in to kill time and booked a test drive of a GS250 Lux for later that day. Went back to Audi, and the silver A7 had a faulty drivers seat, and only 4 seats even though they said it was a 5 seater over the phone! The PEX price for my car was way too low and the Audi was overpriced.

Went back to Lexus, test drove it....and fell in love! We were flexible on the colour choice, and there was one in "transit" which seemed to have a good colour combo (Silver/Black leather), due delivery in about 2 weeks and the garage knocked £3k off - which we bought, collected as promised etc.

The car had 5 miles on the ODO at collection, totally fault free and still is. The service at Lexus Derby was amazingly good....

So come on - do reveal!! lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links