Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Else Find 225 Tyres Scrape Wheel Arch On Is200/300?

petayV8

Just wondered if its just my car or all IS200 with 225 width tyres scrape wheel arch guards when full lock and just before? I have after market wheels but still 17" so shouldnt make a difference. I need to somehow pin back the wheel arch guards as it does flex a good amount

Just wondered if its just my car or all IS200 with 225 width tyres scrape wheel arch guards when full lock and just before? I have after market wheels but still 17" so shouldnt make a difference. I need to somehow pin back the wheel arch guards as it does flex a good amount

Nope! I have 225, 18" on mine and lowered suspension. No scraping even with 5 in the car and a full boot!

Is your car lowerd also whats the offset of the wheels

225,45,17. How can i tell if its lowered? Ive only had the car 3 months and the owner never mentioned anything... also no receipts amongst the ton of paper work that came with the car about being lowered.... I have a picture here of the car side view if you can tell? http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=78811&hl=#

Easiest way to tell is measure from the top of the arch to the ground, then another SE owner can do the same for you (not a Sport as they are lower as standard). Taking tyre size into consideration, and allowing a little bit for difference (age sag) they should be more or less the same. If yours is around 30mm lower, or more, than you know it's been lowered - as in most cases even age-sag won't drop a car 30+mm

Get a heat gun and heat up the plastic and push it away from the tyre with a wedge and let it cool down just to remoulded the liner away from the tyre a bit, Should work

thats a good idea never thought of that, i do own a heat gun. I was trying to think of a way to keep it flexed back. Will give it a wirl. thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have a bit of scraping if I go fast around a 90 degrees corner and hit a pot hole ... with the front wheel lol (is that pushing it a bit lol lol)

And this is with the factory front wheels and tyres.

But the car is lowered about 2.3" ....

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links