Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lack Of Power

can anyone help me with this problem

i have a X plate is200 and at the moment i have a fault me lack of performance

in fourth gear i cannot rev over 5000 rpm and on a steep slope in second gear she hesitates to pull and just seems to struggle to pull

if someone can give me any advice i would be very greatful

if you mean the air filter then yes that has been changed

by intake pipe do you mean the intake on the throttle control if so i,ve also done a check on any air leaks by spraying arond the inlet manifold and there is no increase or decrease with the engine revs

I'm at a loss then sorry. Mine behaved a bit like that for a while, no warning lights but it wouldn't pull uphill in lower gears and sometimes felt like it was struggling to pull. It would always rev over 5000rpm tho, it could always make the red line. I cleaned the throttle body and it cured it. Hope you find the cause and get it sorted. Sorry cant be more help.

I was going to suggest giving the throttle a clean. With all you've said you've done, only thing I can suggest is giving the ECU a reset (someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you just need to unplug the Battery cable, leave it for 10 mins / half an hour or so, then reconnect and start it up, and put about 20 mins driving time on it)

problem solved for some reason i cleaned the throttle body again today and she is back to her best

cant explain why a second cleaning solved the promblem

thanks to every one that contributed to the topic nice to know some people will take the time to help

thank you once again

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links