Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Auto Starting

Not sure if this is a problem ...

cant seem to remember how the car used to start in the mornings (from cold) but recently i have noticed that from cold - when starting off for work its a bit sluggish.

Drive if for around 5 mins to the shop and stop. Then back on the road to work - after starting again after the shop stop it is a lot more responsive. I have noticed that it gets up to temp quick so am just thinking its the cold starts - Its more noticeable in "Drive" . Not really worried about it as its just something i have recently noticed - a lifetime K&N filter is fitted which was last cleaned and gelled about a year ago so for good measure i might give this a good clean.

Anyone else see this with theirs?

Sounds like a reasonable explanation, engine wear tends to be at it worst with a cold engine so the ECU will probably limit performance until it has warmed up fully, add to this the fuel mixture will be richer when cold and the ignition timing may be altered to assist in warming up the engine.

I wouldn't worry about it if there are no other problems.

Thanks for the info

I had some time yesterday to give it a quick clean - filter / throttle / plugs - noticed that the second plug (from the cabin) was not tight at all when taking it out, was actually as if it was not tightened up but i remember having this problem last year. A tell tale indication that this was loose was the smell of burnt fuel when the fans are on in the cabin - dont know if its damaged the coil pack as it is a dirty heat damaged colour.

Put it all back together - Cleaned and re-oiled the filter - that along with the plugs and throttle which i cleaned has made a big difference as its a lot smoother and quicker of the mark when cold - does not feel laboured any more.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links