Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

One Week Into Ls400 Ownership...

...and I am loving it more and more each day :wub:

I keep finding new cubby holes - coin tray on driver's side, removable box under the passenger seat etc.

I've fixed (replaced) the snapped antenna with a replacement mast from eBay, and cleaned the floor mats.

The only thing that doesn't work properly is the Aircon LCD back light, which only seems to come on after 20 minutes or so of driving. Isn't really a problem, but mildly annoying that EVERYTHING else works just fine, including the stereo LCD display & back light.

Not sure what I am searching for and although I've found various posts on here about replacing capacitors etc, I haven't found a thread about how to actually do it.

Anyone got any ideas or links to a suitable thread, please ?

Cheers,

Daniel.

I keep finding new cubby holes - coin tray on driver's side, removable box under the passenger seat etc.

I've fixed (replaced) the snapped antenna with a replacement mast from eBay, and cleaned the floor mats.

The only thing that doesn't work properly is the Aircon LCD back light, which only seems to come on after 20 minutes or so of driving. Isn't really a problem, but mildly annoying that EVERYTHING else works just fine, including the stereo LCD display & back light.

Not sure what I am searching for and although I've found various posts on here about replacing capacitors etc, I haven't found a thread about how to actually do it.

Cheers,

Daniel.

That's the biggest problem with these cars, because they are engineered to such a high standard that the slightest little thing that dosen't work really gets on your nerves.

I dread the day I ever get a rattle because it will drive me mad until I have found it, but till then happy peaceful motoring.

Mike

Cheers,

Daniel.

That's the biggest problem with these cars, because they are engineered to such a high standard that the slightest little thing that dosen't work really gets on your nerves.

I dread the day I ever get a rattle because it will drive me mad until I have found it, but till then happy peaceful motoring.

Motoring

I had a rattle for a few weeks coming from the glovebox area driving me nuts thing is everyone who got in the car commented how quite it was I always said to them can you hear that rattle they always said no,anyway I found it, it was a plastic cover at the back of the glovebox that you remove to get at the pollen filter NOW its quite.

I had that too ........... . no one else noticed it but my partner found it and dealt with it !

Never had any other squeaks or irritating rattles in any of my 3 LS's

Malc

Cheers,

Daniel.

Hi

Goto www.lexls.com tutorials howto replace climate control backlighting.

We must have developed super sensitive hearing because in doors my wife says I am as deaf as a post but in the car and I can hear noises that no one else can hear not even animals and it drives you bonkers.

Mike

When I first bought my LS it also had factory fitted floor mats but they were filthy.

I took them out and washed them in the bath with a washing machine soap tablet and used a nail brush to assist in the operation.

Rinsed them many times and then squeezed them as much as possible.

Took 3 days to dry! but I then realised there was a pattern on them never seen before through all the ingrained dirt.

Also had a second set made up for winter,cheap and nasty but do the job.

OEM on the left

lexusmats.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links