Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice On Tyre + Alloys Size....

GME

Hello fellows,

I am after 18" alloys but don't know much about what size tyre + alloys I should go for in terms of width etc without scrapping the arch. I'm driving a 2005 SE aero/nav is200. Hasn't been lowered at all. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

No such thing as a "TTE IS300". There was an IS300, and there was an option to choose the body kit, and/or 18" wheels when buying new. Please stop talking drivel.

an IS300 has the same body shell and alloys as an IS200. The TTE Kit was as option which adds sport body kit and 18" wheels so for me to make thigns clear for the OP, i metioned TTE IS300 to differetiate it between the standard IS300 because the difference lies in the bodykit and the 18"wheels. Is it clear for you matt??

No such thing as a "TTE IS300". There was an IS300, and there was an option to choose the body kit, and/or 18" wheels when buying new. Please stop talking drivel.

an IS300 has the same body shell and alloys as an IS200. The TTE Kit was as option which adds sport body kit and 18" wheels so for me to make thigns clear for the OP, i metioned TTE IS300 to differetiate it between the standard IS300 because the difference lies in the bodykit and the 18"wheels. Is it clear for you matt??

Oh, so what you actually meant was "the optional 18" wheels supplied by Lexus came with 225/40-18 tyres" then.

Should have just said so instead of yet again wording things that will confuse new comers that don't know there's no such thing as a "TTE IS200/300". No wonder people try and command a higher price for IS' with TTE bodykits on if they've all been told it's a special edition/version

Oh, so what you actually meant was "the optional 18" wheels supplied by Lexus came with 225/40-18 tyres" then.

Should have just said so instead of yet again wording things that will confuse new comers that don't know there's no such thing as a "TTE IS200/300". No wonder people try and command a higher price for IS' with TTE bodykits on if they've all been told it's a special edition/version

get a life matt

OEM 17 inch wheels are 7 inch wide and with +50 offset. Tires are 215/45. TTE 18 inchers are 7,5 inch wide and +49 offset.

I recommend 8-8.5 inch for fronts with 30-40 offset and 8,5 - 9,5 inch rears with around 35 offset. Use max 225/40 inch wide tires. They´ll strech a bit on rear wheels but they´ll clear the arch even if you are lowered.

If you go with 9.5 inch in the rear and lets say +30 offset, you may have to adjust camber to -1-2 degrees.

• 3 weeks later...

No

I have low car and 235/40 R18 were scraping just a bit when I reversed with full lock.

Wheel was 7.5 ET49

225 should clear nicely, specially when you are not lowered

You can fit 8.5 ET 30-ish in the front when tire is right. 205 or 215

The std way with tyre sizes for an increased wheel size is

for every inch above std add 20mm to the tyre width and reduce aspect ratio by 10%

This keeps you within a std area for ride and road holding ability

Example as follows

if your std is for example 15inch to 16 inch

205-65-15 and your going to a 16 inch wheel you would fit a 225-55-16 tyre

This would be approx covered in the above as a 1inch increase 20mm added to width and 10% reduction in aspect ratio of tyre

Et being another factor to consider also in wheel to tyre choice

:hohoho:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links