Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Unfortunately this is the case, I think the newer is can input full postcode.

In some respects inputting the road name makes for a more accurate location although it takes a bit longer to do.

Carl

Unfortunately, full post code entry was something that became available on the later models. A 2006 model will allow 3-4 digits of the first half of the post code and then you will have to choose a street name. :(

PS: Carl beat me to it :)

Is there a software upgrade for the MM unit? I have the 2012 sat-nav DVD, but I would like the software updated. Just the graphical presentation of the menus are better in the newer cars.

No. The newer graphics are only available on the HDD sat nav units

Is there a software upgrade for the MM unit? I have the 2012 sat-nav DVD, but I would like the software updated. Just the graphical presentation of the menus are better in the newer cars.

No. The newer graphics are only available on the HDD sat nav units

I wonder how difficult the upgrade would be. I would imagine the basic MM part, e.g. base unit-screen etc. are identical so I assume that there is a hard drive that connects to the exisiting MM along with the USB port etc.

Id be surprised if the whole unit is completely different.

Would be interesting to find out what actual hardware differences there are.

This link seems to show a modified MM on a 2006 model:-

Carl

Edited by Carl911

I would be really keen to carry out any upgrade to HDD that might be available, from the point of view of being able to use a USB and also to possibly be able to input the full post code to the SatNav. However, I thought that the HDD was situated in the boot in the newer models so I can't imagine that the wiring would be there to facilitate an upgrade.

I would be really keen to carry out any upgrade to HDD that might be available, from the point of view of being able to use a USB and also to possibly be able to input the full post code to the SatNav. However, I thought that the HDD was situated in the boot in the newer models so I can't imagine that the wiring would be there to facilitate an upgrade.

That product in the video is probably the easiest way forward. It is usually referred to as Vaistech (name of manufacturer) in the LOC community in USA. You can read more about it on the website http://www.vaistech.com/dev/mml.php

I was also thinking that if you have the ipod connector installed you might be able to convert that to usb using a female ipod dock to female usb (if such a thing exists).

The sound quality of the ipod is pretty crap in comparison to CD's and I am looking to take the usb route myself too.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links