Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot Lid Swap

It depends on several factors, if the replacement is the exact colour and is complete with all the locks and latch it should be a "plug and play"job.

The biggest job will be realigning the new one on the original hinges.

If you are buying a basic shell of the bootlid just remove one thing at a time and transfer the part over to the new one, a digital camera is useful to record the process so you can always look back at what you have done to make sure it is correct.

Make sure you put some old carpet or other protective material around the opening to prevent any damage if the boot lid slips when you are taking it off the hinges.

It depends on several factors, if the replacement is the exact colour and is complete with all the locks and latch it should be a "plug and play"job.

The biggest job will be realigning the new one on the original hinges.

If you are buying a basic shell of the bootlid just remove one thing at a time and transfer the part over to the new one, a digital camera is useful to record the process so you can always look back at what you have done to make sure it is correct.

Make sure you put some old carpet or other protective material around the opening to prevent any damage if the boot lid slips when you are taking it off the hinges.

i was going to get a used one online. colour i thought was not an issue as intended to wrap it with vinyl. i have seen one the same colour. what issues will i get from a different coloured one all the same fittings i presumed. Also i thought i may have problems electronically from disconnecting things. dont want to mess up me electric boot opener.

really appreciate you help here!

thankyou very much

The only problem you will have with a different colour is just that, it will be a different colour but mechanically the same.

I don't think the remote boot opening system is attached to the boot lid it is all in the rear boot area so there shouldn't be any wiring to worry about.

From an electronics locking point of view, it is only 2 wires to the solenoid on the top of the lock. - no ecu or anything, that is further in the car so its up to you if you swap out the lock.

As far as number plate lights, fogs, etc. there is a bank of connectors on the left side side of the boot, near the top, roughly about the middle.

I think I may have taken some pics when I was fitting my reversing camera. I'll try and dig them out.

As Steve says, if you aren't swapping out the lock, its pretty much plug and play. You can even do that at a later date.

Hi Bingo

I bought a boot lid in the summer to take the spoiler from it to put on my own car (needed a re-spray but the paintshop done a brilliant job in matching the colors).

The lid itself is the rusty red colour, dont know what color code, It came with all of the ligths / locks and trim etc - i took all of this off and it came off really easy.

I cant see any issues in putting it back on the boot. I still have the lid and if you want it then you can have it. Just arrange for it to be collected, doing me a favour as it gets it out of my way. If you want some pictures then let me know.

Only thing is that it has 3 small screw holes in it from where the spoiler was attached but if you are painting it or wrapping it then that wont matter if you fill them. All you need to do with your locks is attach them to the lid with a few bolts. Take a picture of how they are fitted to your lid now for when you need to re-attach.

Let me know if any good for you.

Hi Bingo

I bought a boot lid in the summer to take the spoiler from it to put on my own car (needed a re-spray but the paintshop done a brilliant job in matching the colors).

The lid itself is the rusty red colour, dont know what color code, It came with all of the ligths / locks and trim etc - i took all of this off and it came off really easy.

I cant see any issues in putting it back on the boot. I still have the lid and if you want it then you can have it. Just arrange for it to be collected, doing me a favour as it gets it out of my way. If you want some pictures then let me know.

Only thing is that it has 3 small screw holes in it from where the spoiler was attached but if you are painting it or wrapping it then that wont matter if you fill them. All you need to do with your locks is attach them to the lid with a few bolts. Take a picture of how they are fitted to your lid now for when you need to re-attach.

Let me know if any good for you.

hello mate. where abouts are you located? could be perfect. planning to get it carbon wrapped eventually. As long as it does not have a rechid dent in it im a happy man. dam this car needs my love! if i can arrange someone to collect it and deliver or your not to far il come fetch it. a pic should not be necessary bud. nice one.

I changed my boot lid on my old car (ford focus) it was easy, i bought the shell and just swapped everything over. cant imagine it being any different on the lex

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links