Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi All, New Is200 Owner - Have I Killed The Cd Player?

DANH-IS200

Hi Everyone, Finally got my self an IS200 this week, wanted one for a long time, Picked up a 2003 SE Auto with Nav from a local Lexus Dealer. Love everything about the car! anyway, yesterday I was putting some things in it from my old car and I loaded a CD, pressed load and followed the prompt etc, CD went in and started spinning, then.......................nothing! I can now not eject it, cannot load any others. and can only use the radio or cassette player ( who has cassettes these days??) This could be my fault as on reading the car manuals (afterwards) it states the stereo may not be compatible with CDR's which this was :( Have I bu**ered it already or is stuck CDs a known issues with (hopefully) a way around it? Any Help would be greatly appreciated. Also one other thing, the "ENT" button is missing from my sat Nav control, I can use it but its a bit tricky pushing down on a spike, does anyone know where I might be able to get one, I have tried eBay but only find breakers who only sell the whole control unit and want crazy money for it. Thanks in advance, Dan

Hello and welcome to LOC

Common issue mate with the CD player. Hardly any of the CD players on a first generation IS work nowadays. I think I'm one of few who still have a completely problem free system :)

What I've learnt from this forum and others is that the damage is done by loading the CD before the lights go green or putting copied discs into it. There's no cure as far as I know sorry :(

And second hand ones in perfect working order sell for stupid money!!

why not give it a try and remove (diy) and see if it can be fix.... read few here while ago just remove the top unit cover and work your way removing the cd. clean the lens and job done.

not sure about after-market read few says they have problem bypass the amp so and so..... :geek:

I think I might try the DIY option first as you say poss problems with aftermarket amp issues, just a little reluctant to start taking things apart when only had the car for 4 days! but there are quite a few guides on here so I think I'll give it a crack (not literally of course!!)

Hello and welcome to LOC

Common issue mate with the CD player. Hardly any of the CD players on a first generation IS work nowadays. I think I'm one of few who still have a completely problem free system :)

What I've learnt from this forum and others is that the damage is done by loading the CD before the lights go green or putting copied discs into it. There's no cure as far as I know sorry :(

Mine still works (although I only use the Grom attached to it, or the radio) and also plays CD-R's (in fact the only CDs I've ever played in it have been CD-R's!)

Hello and welcome to LOC

Mine still works (although I only use the Grom attached to it, or the radio) and also plays CD-R's (in fact the only CDs I've ever played in it have been CD-R's!)

Be careful Matt, lots of people reporting that CD-R's killed their system!

Not a worry - I really don't use CDs anymore; Grom in the IS and AUX input in my van is all I need! 7,500 songs on iPod or 15 or so on a CD; no brainer!

I want this! :)

I have my fav 6 albums in my CD changer at the mo, I would like more choice tho!

I'll have to look into getting AUX input in my IS. My mate has done it on his 300 and says its dead easy. He has the iPod wire coming out into the glovebox to plug his iPod into. He has an aftermarket head unit but he assures me it can be done on the standard system :)

Oh it is! It's just one plug in the back of the headunit, then route the cable where you want it. Mine comes out under the heated seats button panel - and I just plug my iPod or Iphone into it and leave it there. Unless I'm searching for a specific song, it's all controlled by the headunit, and I only have to pick it up for a call (if I opted for the Bluetooth kit, I wouldn't even need to pick it up for that!)

• 2 weeks later...

The Self Healing Lexus!! Was sat in traffic today and just thought to humour myself I would try the CD player again, And low and behold it now works!! CD ejected, went back in fine and is playing a treat, its a burnt off CDR too! funny how small things can make your day! :driving:

Mine came up with an error3 once last week and I couldn't eject or select anything. Just sorted itself out.

I'm still trying to find a place in the IS to mount the display of my Parrot MKi9200 so I can fit the thing and plug my iPod in again and use BT streaming music from my Iphone.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links