Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys

I hope someone can help. I went to eject all my cd's from the 6 disc changer and 12346 ejected but 5 is stuck. All my cd's are originals and not copies so thats why i dont understand how this has happened. Also there is no error message either. I hope soneone can help.

Thanks

Its each disc inserted. I dont get it. Its not even reading the cd even though i was listening to it yesterday and today. And they are orginal cd's so i dont understand why its stuck. There must be a way of reseting it

I have read on another Owners Club that there has been success in reseting the CD changer by either pulling the fuse to the unit ( sorry I don't know which one) or removing the Battery -ve lead for around 5 minutes.

With either method if your radio needs a security code make sure you have this information to hand also consider the alarm security code if this also applies.

I don't want you to end up with an unuseable radio wanting a code or an immobilised vehicle.

Had a look at the circuit diagrams for a 2000 LS400 which should be similar to the LS430 and found there are 2 fuses as follows

Radio No.1 Fuse number 32

Radio No.2 Fuse number 31

These should both be in the internal fusebox, one will I imagine provide a ignition switched supply and the other a constant 12 volt supply for all the radio station preset memories.

They may have different numbers on the LS430 but the above may help, if you can locate the fuses pull them both and leave out for at least 5 minutes before refitting, don't forget if you need a code make sure you have it and you will have to retune all the radio stations.

Oh i get it now. Its funny, Lexus use the mark levinson system yet you get a fault with the cd player. And its suppose to be a top of the range system, yet with denon etc you dont get any problems.

Thanks for the advice. Does the ls430 radio need recoding if i reset it? Ive looked in the manual and it doesnt say anything about a code or recoding.

It is not possible to put a code in the LS430 radio - at least in my 2002 - unless I have missed something (for 10+ years). If you cannot get to the fuse box then just disconnect the Battery -ve you that will reset everything :) When I changed my Battery I don't think it wiped the radio preset stations.

Bren

Thanks for the advice. Does the ls430 radio need recoding if i reset it? Ive looked in the manual and it doesnt say anything about a code or recoding.

It is not possible to put a code in the LS430 radio - at least in my 2002 - unless I have missed something (for 10+ years). If you cannot get to the fuse box then just disconnect the Battery -ve you that will reset everything :) When I changed my Battery I don't think it wiped the radio preset stations.

Bren

Excellent informative post, you can't get better than a long term LS430 owner who has actually done the Battery disconnect. Get your 10mm spanner out of that toolkit you have never used yet!

Thanks for all your help. Im going to disconnect the Battery tomarrow and hopefully when its reset, the cd will pop out. But i still dont understand why it didnt come out and why it doesnt read that there is a disc in cd5? And like i said i dont play them cdwr discs in it, all my cd's are original. Its like i said you wont get a problem like this with a denon cd player or any other cd player.

Thanks for all your help. Im going to disconnect the battery tomarrow and hopefully when its reset, the cd will pop out. But i still dont understand why it didnt come out and why it doesnt read that there is a disc in cd5? And like i said i dont play them cdwr discs in it, all my cd's are original. Its like i said you wont get a problem like this with a denon cd player or any other cd player.

I hope you got the CD out OK. Most of the CDs I use in my player are copies and I have never had a problem. The reason I make copies is I can be a but ham fisted or throw CDs about a bit and I want to keep the originals in good nick..

Bren

So i reset the cd player by taking the negative of for 5 mins but now im getting error 3 mesg on the screen. Oh well i think its had it. Now ive got to look for another cd player. So much for Lexus Mark Levinson rubbish. My brother has a Rockford Fosgate in his car since 1999 and he hasnt had one issue with it, yet with mark levinson systems we get issues with it. And i know im not the only one with this problem. Im going to have to look for another cd player now. Not happy at all.

I've never done this specific model before but have 36 years experience of electronic repairs and worked on a lot of Pioneer multidisc systems, if you want me to take a look at the unit I would be happy to do so.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links