Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I think as responsible and intelligent Lexus owners all we need do is ring the garage to book an MOT and as soon as you tell them its a Lexus LS400 they should say, OK will pop you an MOT certificate in the post.

Mike

VOSA have decided that not enough Lexus LS400s are failing the MOT so have decided that Bonnet Struts are now part of the test.

If the bonnet does not stay up for 5 minutes the car will fail! :lol: If the bonnet slowly closes after this time an advisory will be issued.

VOSA have decided that not enough Lexus LS400s are failing the MOT so have decided that Bonnet Struts are now part of the test.

If the bonnet does not stay up for 5 minutes the car will fail! :lol: If the bonnet slowly closes after this time an advisory will be issued.

Brilliant. Mike

Alright folks, let's not get too carried away here... my 745i has been sailing through her MOTs as well ;)

Though I must admit that I am a lot more nervous sending the BMW in for MOT than I am with the IS200 :P

*knocks on wood*

Anyway, glad to hear all went well for ya Bluesman!

I wish the MOT tester I had last November had been as nice to my LS!. It's his fault that I had to downgrade to a Mercedes Benz. Even after a year of being 'Lexusless' I still pop in to the forum - and dream of another. One day.

Pray tell us what terrible thing this MOT tester did. Mike

I vaguely remember the topic, I think the tester failed it on everything apart from the bonnet struts.

Seriously I think there were major issues with the rear suspension.

What a downer. Mike

It was all four coil springs broken (£600) and a few other minor issues. If I'd had the cash sitting around I would have had it done as I loved the car. I'd only paid £500 for her last February,and she didn't cost me a penny in the nine months I had her. The Essex banger boys gave me £400 for her after the MOT failure,so £100 to run a car like that for nine months. I needed a car for work straight away so I got me a S**b 93 for £425,which did me well until September this year when I got 'Gertie' a 1992 M******s B**z 300TE. A nice 'basic' old girl.

I still hanker after an LS400 though. If those numbers come up tonight...........

Though I must admit that I am a lot more nervous sending the BMW in for MOT than I am with the IS200 :P

*knocks on wood*

I'm a bag of nerves when it comes to MOT'ing the BMW (even though it hasn't failed one yet) I'd rather go to the dentist! icon_eek.gif

Hopefully the new arrival next week will be flying through it's future MOT's icon_cool.gif

It was all four coil springs broken (£600) and a few other minor issues. If I'd had the cash sitting around I would have had it done as I loved the car. I'd only paid £500 for her last February,and she didn't cost me a penny in the nine months I had her. The Essex banger boys gave me £400 for her after the MOT failure,so £100 to run a car like that for nine months. I needed a car for work straight away so I got me a S**b 93 for £425,which did me well until September this year when I got 'Gertie' a 1992 M******s B**z 300TE. A nice 'basic' old girl.

I still hanker after an LS400 though. If those numbers come up tonight...........

Well I am happy to report That I was a lucky winner in the Euromillions and won

£5 Two numbers and a star.

Wont be ordering the new Lexus super car then.

Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links