Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi There

I own a lexus 430 2001 model and I think the bulb had gone in the door mirror, Thats the one that shines under the mirror drivers side Anyone knows how to gain access to change this bulb?

Also I have only one one head light washer working any suggestons.

King Regards

Ice

The car runs great :hohoho: :lookaround::rolleyes:

That's a good link, never seen it before, thanks for posting it.

Headliight washers are both fed off one pump mounted on the passenger side reservoir which also doubles as the windscreen washer reservoir, so if you have one working the pump is OK.

So you either have a pipe off which is routed under the top bumper mount ( Activate the headlight washers then look for water coming out elsewhere) or more unlikely a blocked jet, the jet housings are held by clips on the other side of the bumper and you will need to remove the bumper to access so if you suspect a blockage try a pin to clear the jet 1st.

Many thanks for all your help I have mended the door mirror light, so on to the headlight washer I assume the water pressure drives the spray jet out of the bumper and its spring return??? There are no other motors involved as one side of the bumper the spray jet is not lifting up from the bumper while the other side is lifting around 4 inches,

Kind Regards

Ice

Many thanks for all your help I have mended the door mirror light, so on to the headlight washer I assume the water pressure drives the spray jet out of the bumper and its spring return??? There are no other motors involved as one side of the bumper the spray jet is not lifting up from the bumper while the other side is lifting around 4 inches,

Kind Regards

Ice

You are correct about the washer Ice man - I have had to replace parts after bumps (each side has £200 worth of bits in it). If it is not extending you may have a blocked pipe or the actuator is duff.

Here is a link with some good diagrams - the LS 430 bumper is at the end.

http://www.justanswer.com/lexus/6uxxq-lexus-ls430-provide-step-step-instructions.html

Good luck

Bren

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links