Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Camber Question, Bla Bla Bla Here We Go Again :)

davidbee

i've been doing the camber/toe on my own car as i trust no garage and cant afford to take my car to a garage to have it done (long story, don't say its only £30-£60 when i don't have that available)

on a plus side when i last did the camber myself my part worn tires lasted 10k miles :) no inside tyre wear just spread across, but i was all trial and error just looking at the tread wear and moving the camber once a month.

i have a camber gauge which i have been using for some time but i would like some advice on where to put the bubble, i will add a picture to make it easier, i was told 0.10 camber is good as stock is 0.20 is this correct? if so where is that on the gauge?

the red bit is where it is now,

the green line is where i think 0.10 should be so should i put my camber to the green line? is that the correct place?

img20121213092924.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi Dave. I don't know. I don't want you thinking that we're ignoring you, I think it could be a simple fact that no one knows? If money is so tight that you can't take it somewhere to get fixed, give Wheels In Motion of Bristol a ring, explain that you're a Lexus Owners Club member and want some advice, you may find they're very helpful.

Obviously not a subject that's familiar with most, and I'm no exception. I'm assuming you would have had instructions with the gauge, if not, or you've lost them this may help. Unfortunatley that's all I can offer on this one.

Phil

http://www.motorsport-tools.com/pdf/instructions/GA45.pdf

• 1 month later...

The problem you have is your measuring the camber with the suspension on full droop. If that is the case you don't actually know what the camber reading is with the suspension loaded.

i'm adding this to the side of the rim using a bar from top to bottom of rim edge. not with the car on axle stands on the disc face.

If that is zero point one of a degree that you're after then that would be correct. Sometimes degrees can be expressed as having decimal places, or with a comma which would denote degrees and minutes. Obviously there's 60 minutes in a degree.

Would I be better off trying to put the bubble on the 0 (zero) on the gauge? I wouldn't be able to get 0.1 as it would be so close to the zero anyway I may as well just put it on the zero? Or is the green line in the picture 0.1?

The green line is 0.1. That gauge isn't really accurate enough, so you want to be trying to get the centre of the bubble on 0.1.. Just above zero then. The red line is at about 0.75.

I don't mind if its not 100% perfect, the car was brought for £400 a year and a half ago and was just supposed to be used 'for now' until it breaks and then would of been scrapped but 15000 miles later its still going on at 174k now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links