Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1992 Ls 400

LUBIGO

Anybody help with the pinking problem I have under the slightest accleration. If I open the throttle further the problem stops, the car has done 153000 miles fully serviced, doesn't overheat & runs perfectly apart from this problem. Can anyone also tell me what PCD the wheels are and if any other make of car wheels will fit. :question:

Welcome to the Club, Mate!

SOrry cant help with the pinking other than to say advance/retard timing??

PM Mat Clawley or TDI PLC

Alternatively try using the search function on the site with a key word of "pinking" might be soemthing there...

Loz :zee:

• 1 month later...
It usually happens when you are running cheap low octane Gasoline.

That's all you get in the US isn't it? :P

Our lowest grade fuel (95RON) is better than your highest grade so I don't think that's the issue. I guess the plugs or the distributor.

Not really, here in US whe have the following gas choices: In Octane

It is up to person to choose.

I just can not believe a person buys such well made and expensive car and feed it with cheap gas. I saw an old guy at the gas station driving a $ 140K Mercedes Benz and filling up with cheap gas. How cheap can you be? If you can afford such expensive car, i thought gas prices would no bother... :yawn:

• 4 months later...
Anybody help with the pinking problem I have under the slightest accleration. If I open the throttle further the problem stops, the car has done 153000 miles fully serviced, doesn't overheat & runs perfectly apart from this problem. Can anyone also tell me what PCD the wheels are and if any other make of car wheels will fit. :question:

browsing thro old posts i came across this - did you cure it? i had a problem with mine but it was cured when they replaced the 'knock' sensors. apparently, the lexus V8 monitors the 'bang' and automatically adjusts the advance and retard to suit the situation. sensors are are about £70 each! and do both at once cos half the manifold and stuff has to come off to put them in.

It usually happens when you are running cheap low octane Gasoline.

That's all you get in the US isn't it? :P

Our lowest grade fuel (95RON) is better than your highest grade so I don't think that's the issue. I guess the plugs or the distributor.

hey colin... dont the US use different grading... PON if I am correct which is the equivalent to 97 RON :winky:

In the US, MON Ratings are used instead of RON :

RON .. MON .. R+M/2

95 .... 85 .... 90

98 .... 88 .... 93

99 .... 87 .... 93

RON = Research Octane Number

MON = Motor Octane Number

R+M/2 = used to determine the AKI (Anti Knock Index)

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links