Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

kristoff

Hi guys!

I Don't own a lexus yet ;)

That is why I am here. I am looking for early( 1993ish) LS400 ideally with LPG conversion as I will be travelling to Europe.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Kristoff.

Hi Kristoff and welcome to LOC :)

I'm sure some of the guys from the LS forum will help you out. I know nothing about the LS sorry :(

No problem Chris ;)

I always liked big engines and what's better than big Lexus lump!

Just want to find out what to look for when buying etc. And from what I can see it is really hard to get one with LPG.

Welcome to the LOC.

We all work (we have to to keep our cars running :lol: ) so cannot monitor the forums at all times so there will be some delays in responding to posts plus we are all recovering from Christmas!

I have a 1994 imported LS400 and a UK Specification 1995 model.

Good luck with your search for your LS400, it's a buyer's market so some very nice ones around for the money.

One below in the link to start you off.

http://www.lexusowne...showtopic=80191

Welcome to the LOC.

We all work (we have to to keep our cars running :lol: ) so cannot monitor the forums at all times so there will be some delays in responding to posts plus we are all recovering from Christmas!

I have a 1994 imported LS400 and a UK Specification 1995 model.

Good luck with your search for your LS400, it's a buyer's market so some very nice ones around for the money.

One below in the link to start you off.

http://www.lexusowne...showtopic=80191

thanks steve! I am just being inpatient lol :D

I have seen this one on fleabay...but no LPG which is really important for me.

btw...how much would it cost to put LPG later on??? Anyone knows what are the costs?

cheers

I was in your position a few months ago. At the end of September I bought a 1998 LS400m mark 4, with 156k miles and with a multipoint Prins LPG system installed. It has been fantastic. You won't regret your purchase as and when it comes along. As others have said, it is a buyer's market and it is worth hanging on for the right car. With these cars, buy on condition and not mileage. A full history is also worth looking out for. In terms of specific things, the LS forum has been an invaluable source of advice and support for me. I take part in several fora and this is by far the friendliest and most knowledgeable bunch of dedicated car owners there is! So, I hope you enjoy your stay here. I can't imagine owning any other car other than my LS in the coming years. I love it!

A company called Profess in Wales seems to get some good reviews from LOC members and I think they do a multipoint system same day fitting for around £1200.00.

wow! that is bit steep! but it is a v8. but can't justify spending £1200 on £1000 car :unsure:

might just go with petrol without conversion. what mpg ls400 return???

If you drive carefully, you could expect to get around 25 mpg from an LS400. You can get a bit more on a long journey but lots of short trips will result in less. My previous car was as E39 BMW 530se and I was lucky to get 20mpg out of that on any trip!

I was in your position a few months ago. At the end of September I bought a 1998 LS400m mark 4, with 156k miles and with a multipoint Prins LPG system installed. It has been fantastic. You won't regret your purchase as and when it comes along. As others have said, it is a buyer's market and it is worth hanging on for the right car. With these cars, buy on condition and not mileage. A full history is also worth looking out for. In terms of specific things, the LS forum has been an invaluable source of advice and support for me. I take part in several fora and this is by far the friendliest and most knowledgeable bunch of dedicated car owners there is! So, I hope you enjoy your stay here. I can't imagine owning any other car other than my LS in the coming years. I love it!

thanks for input! ;)

the thing is I have never liked LPG conversions...just dont trust them. More things to go wrong etc..

So I am kind of on the fence now, especially after speaking to someone recently saying if its not your daily driver dont bother with LPG

• 2 months later...

Why wow? You can't just sell a car on eBay or Autotrader for free so why here? You could use gumtree but I for one would never buy anything off there.

Yeah it's £29.95 for a year or £49.95 for 2 years

http://www.goldmembers.co.uk/

it is not a car I want to sell...well it is but without engine, transmission etc... just thought someone might get some use out of it.

otherwise it is going for a scrap :(

Why wow? You can't just sell a car on eBay or Autotrader for free so why here? You could use gumtree but I for one would never buy anything off there.

Yeah it's £29.95 for a year or £49.95 for 2 years

http://www.goldmembers.co.uk/

it is not a car I want to sell...well it is but without engine, transmission etc... just thought someone might get some use out of it.

otherwise it is going for a scrap :(

Has it got brakes or rather brake calipers?

If you buy a LS with LPG already fitted you'll pay alot less vs fitting it to one without. just keep an eye out on eBay, autotrader, pistonheads and gumtree.... one will pop up. remember your performance and MPG will be lower when using the gas, so just make sure you do your homework and see if its really worth it. i mean isnt LPG like 80p now? do you really save much?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links