Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 Help With Error Codes Please.

IHgs300

I have a 2001 model lexus is200, 2 wks ago had trc off and engine light flashing, wife took it to local garage and they found error codes.

..p1349 vvt system malfunction bank 1

c1241 low Battery positive

c1223 malfunction abs control system

they cleared them and for 2 wks its been okay but they came back yesterday.

first one ive read can be cured by cleaning oil control valve, but could anybody help with the other 2 please.

C1241... it is related to Battery low voltage, showing signs of death. I would wager thats the cause for the other c code showing up. Not enough voltage being generated for the ABS to work properly hence the ABS code. Try changing the Battery first of all, might solve all your probs.

I had the same code and a load of other C codes relating to ABS and TRC. Changed the Battery and all was good :)

Is there any decent software/hardware for the IS?

I have 3 sets of leads and software to read/clear fault codes and program and code stuff for my old car but not seen any for the IS.

Not the 20 quid handheld thingies of the bay that come up with owt...

Hope that solves it Ian. They said to me if that didn't solve it then it could be ABS pump? Or ABS relays? I don't know what these are :whistling: just glad all mine needed was a new Battery. Hope it's the same for you.

Ray, I can help you with that, I'm a computer genius as you know :lol::whistling:

Is there any decent software/hardware for the IS?

I have 3 sets of leads and software to read/clear fault codes and program and code stuff for my old car but not seen any for the IS.

Not the 20 quid handheld thingies of the bay that come up with owt...

Ive bought one of the turboguage thingies like on the bay, gives loads of engine info and accurate mpg also clears and gives fault codes, its good enough for me.

Hope that solves it Ian. They said to me if that didn't solve it then it could be ABS pump? Or ABS relays? I don't know what these are :whistling: just glad all mine needed was a new battery. Hope it's the same for you.

Ray, I can help you with that, I'm a computer genius as you know :lol::whistling:

Ill try Battery first Chris, at least ive got another car for bits if its anything else.... :hocus-pokus: thanks again.

Oh yeah, forgot about that..

I've got one of them ELM327 Bluetooth things to read faults on your Iphone which should work but not tried it as someone borrowed it.

Ill have a look and see if I can find out what Toyota actually uses to plug these cars in.

Ray, the Lexus uses standard EOBD/OBD II socket located on the bottom edge of the dash on the drivers side. This kit http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_STN327.html

is rated and can by hooked up to PC, Laptop there is also a Bluetooth adapter. This is a serious piece of kit at a good price. They also sale a WiFi device to live connect to a android device.

Chris, I would get the Battery checked before jumping in. A low Battery can be a sign of an parasitic draw. With every thing off connect a amp meter between the Battery and Battery lead. A resting car should see no more than 75 milliamperes any more indicates a component drawing power at rest. Usual suspects are glovebox or boot lights.

This simple test could save you buying a new Battery which may seem to solve the problem for a few days?

Ray, the Lexus uses standard EOBD/OBD II socket located on the bottom edge of the dash on the drivers side. This kit http://www.gendan.co...uct_STN327.html

is rated and can by hooked up to PC, Laptop there is also a Bluetooth adapter. This is a serious piece of kit at a good price. They also sale a WiFi device to live connect to a android device.

Cheers mate, I do have quite a few OBDII leads/scanners etc but none can code it seems. How do people go about coding new units in their cars when replaced or does this not need coding on Lexus/Toyota? The kit above uses the same ELM standard (translating codes from OBD socket) as the one I have but it's still rather basic.

Sorry yeah your right should've said check the Battery not change. Jumped in as I saw the code and recognised it straight away. Advice stays the same tho, start at the Battery as that what the code relates to. I had the same codes plus a couple more about 6 months ago and they were all thrown up because of the 1st one C1241 :)

I,m not aware of any aftermarket device that can code new modules, many non critical stuff can just be changed but security devices, main ECU and airbag may need re- programming with the vehicle VIN details. I've never had to do this and hopefully if the lexus's reputation for reliability is right, I neve will.

Does though sound like a dealer job but I,m sure other more knowledgeable may have a work around, there usually is one?

Bit off topic but for my BMW I use the software that the dealership uses so everything is possible. I'd like to find out what Toyota uses and get the same for the IS. As we're getting another little Celica for the misses I would make sense so I can use it on both cars.

Thanks for all input, im going to start with Battery as looks like the original Battery, so should think its about ready, also theres one of them aftermarket raisin voltage regulator things on car, will remove that as well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links