Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got a IS200 now for the last 10years - been a perfect car with absolutely no problems,

Looking to trade up now and it makes sence to go hybrid power - so the GS450h is the chosen one.

Is there anything I neeed to know about these cars? pros/cons? Also like to know real world mpg due to silly fuel prices made sure with our greedy government,

Hi

Should average through the year 25/27 around town, 36/38 on a motorway, both depending on how you drive it. ( the mk4 is around 15% better )

The only recall I can think of is the “valve springs”, 07 / 08 models.

Some suffer from creeks and squeaks from the dashboard and drivers seat.

Other that that they are bullet proof

They are very nice, 1st saw one at the launch evening.

I was once told by a Lexus Technician that they have never had to replace a Hybrid Battery pack but there have been isolated cases of Invertor failures on other models covered by the warranty.

Sorry no ideas on fuel consumption, the official figures will no doubt be very optomistic and it depends on the type of driving and the driver at the end of the day.

Utterly fantastic car and I have not touched the trip computer for the last six months and the average shows 36.5 mpg which is not so bad for such a big car.

My 09 car has covered around 80K and the usual hiccups that are sometimes reported on 450's - Sticking caliper/dodgy xenon/creaking drivers seat.

Battery is fine and charges perfectly and overall a tremendous second hand buy.

Agree boot space on my model is a tad tiny for airport runs with the family.

Should note that this is a performance hybrid and would shame most other cars on the road.

Cheers guys, been looking and like the dark grey with black leather interior. Its going to be the wife's car really, and my weekend car.

Gonna wait till feb end and get the best deal for about 15K from local Lexus dealer. Hopefully 08 plate :)

Bought 450h se-l in October 2012 on a 58 plate with only 10k miles (from a reputable dealer but not a main agent). Mint condition Silver with biege leather - near brand new with full main service history.

Paid 18.5k - could have got same car 2.5k cheaper with 30k but decided to pay the extra + given good part x on old jag.

The dealer said that he had serviced the car before I bought it but as soon as I purchased it I booked the car into the main Lexus dealer from where it was originally bought for a full service - just to put my mind at rest.

Only problem they found was the locking wheel nut was missing ! - just as well as I would have only found out the hard way 300 miles from home !

I love the car it's understated which I like and also really really very fast.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links