Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is 220D Alternating Revs

mikeh1980

Hi all, i have a 2006 is 220d. It seems quite sluggish. When i stop at the lights or sit stationary it sounds like a tank and the rev needle jumps from around 800 to upto 1200 revs and straight back down, and the car judders feeling like a rollercoaster when sat stationary. If i put the a/c on this seems to stabilise but not totally remedy it with only slight rev alternation. I have the egr thing cleaned several times and on all occassions it was badly choked is there some underlying issue

regards

Mike

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

First thing to do with any modern vehicle is to have a code read done.

Diesel engine revs are controlled by the amount of fuel being injected into the engine so pump or injectors may need looking at but have the ECU read 1st.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links