Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ls430 Locked, No Keys On A Car Park!

Okay please please help ......

My 2002 ls430 is locked on a multi story car park.... I have no keys due to some b£:(()&d stealing them.

If I get a new key cut from lexus, will thus enable me to unlock the ignition as my Battery on the car is now flat or is the ignition on a solenoid?

Can I get a new key cut and have it coded I. Once I get it to lexus?

Any suggestions on getting in or moving the car with no keys would be very much appreciated ..... Just don't wNt to buy a new key from lexus and find it would have been better to get new lock set etc from a wreckers ......

Please help .... Running out of ideas .

Thankyou

Hi

The key will need programming to the car, but the key (if you have the master) will fit in the ignition.. but not sure the transponder will work until the key is programmed to the car.

So you may need to get the car recovered.

I would call your dealer to get that confirmed, i have had to have the key programmed to the car before :(

Yeah sadly no keys at all, hoping that by getting a key cut to the car from lexus I can manually open the door and release the ignition ... Unless its electronically controlled ? I mean because the batteries flat will it still release the ignition lock ?

Are you insured if so you should be covered Also have notified them AND the Police of the key theft. Remember its in their interest to get it moved AND fixed in case the thief returns & nicks the car

Getting a new key with the same code will not suffice. In order to avoid it being stolen they will have to pay to change the locks & ECU

I may be wrong but it might be possible to deactivate the stolen keys

Just want the cheapest possible way to enter the car, get the ignition lock off( ie so I can steer the car) and then tow it home to give me chance to look at my options.

So I need somebody who can get in a deactivate the steering lock, I think it won't rekease if the car doesn't electronically accept the key or is the lock purely mechanical ??? Bloody nightmare..... Do we know of a locksmith that can cut a key to get in and program at the car ?????

I know you probably know this already but not normally a good idea to tow an Auto, it would need to be rear wheel raised at least, You say you want the cheapest way to sort it, with all the potential costs involved it may be better to go through insurance as your excess may well be less, although claiming my affect renewal premium of course.

That's the thing it's hopefully cheaper not to go through insurance. It ain't cheap to insure as it is

I would have thought it would be cheaper than what you appear to want to do. Also if its a non-fault claim it may not affect your premium

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links