Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Misfire On Cyliner No.4 But Which One?

voyager0uk

hi all, we have an is200 2.0 which has been perfect till now, em light on and its shaking. we have put on an obd and got misfire on cyliner no.4. (changed plugs no change, think its the pencil coil)

question is... which is no.4? is it 4 up from the radiator end or is it the firing order (i have no idea what that is).

could anyone tell me which one to look at, counting from the rad end. thanks

You've had quite a few views and no replies, so I'll be the first to say sorry, I don't know. I'm assuming the others don't know either. I hope someone is able to help and that you get the car running properly again.

Stuart

I don't know which cylinder is number 4 but the misfire will be a coil pack I reckon not a spark plug.

They normally fail in pairs as well so your prob gonna get another go down.

Member IanS200 had some for sale very cheap. Their about £100 each from lexus.

many, many thanks to all, i've been quoted £78 and £86, so went to good old eBay and ordered a new one - £35. I'll change the 4th one up and see how i go - best idea.

if i need one, how do i get one from IanS200 as i don't know my way around here yet and cant see a email or contact? cheers

many, many thanks to all, i've been quoted £78 and £86, so went to good old ebay and ordered a new one - £35. I'll change the 4th one up and see how i go - best idea.

if i need one, how do i get one from IanS200 as i don't know my way around here yet and cant see a email or contact? cheers

To contact another member by PM, hover your pointer over the members name in the grey area above the post and a box will open below with a "send message" option.Click on that,create message and send.

many, many thanks to all, i've been quoted £78 and £86, so went to good old ebay and ordered a new one - £35. I'll change the 4th one up and see how i go - best idea.

Seriously always check this forum first. Lots of members willing to help each other out not for profit. :)

hi again, just an update, got the eBay item next day, well happy with that, 4 plugs up and swapped coil over, started engine - perfect! so many thanks to all.

funny thing though - reset all codes, turned em light off, restarted car and em light back on. *remember to plug the air temp sensor lead back in first! Dohhhh

:phone:

Good to know it was nice and simple!

Maybe post a link to the coil pack you bought, just so others looking to solve the same issue will have a port of call to buy one too - it's always useful to have a recommended seller/product from experience, than just hoping for the best

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links