Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Caliper Silde Pins - Advice

asharb123

I want to get the front caliper slide pins and rubber boots changed as I am getting a creaking noise when I'm breaking. Disc's and pads are fine, and I got the slide pins greased up and the noise stopped. But it has now come back again - drivers side.

Does anyone know where I can get the front slide pins from, other than Lexus main dealers. I had a look on eBay put could not find them. I also want to change the rubber boots at the same time.

Thanks

You can get a service kit including boots off e-bay but i think new pins are only available from lexus.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3f20de1d6a

Also theres a guide with part numbers here

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?app=tutorials&article=161.

Searched high and low for slide pins on net, couldnt find them. However you can deff get them from lexus as i have a invoice for some that the previous owner put on from lexus stockport.... didnt cost much

Only other place I can think of that may do them is a company called BiggRed. They do brake refurbishments etc. The rear callipers I got from them for my old mk1 GS included new pins. Other than that, Lexus/Toyota are it I think.

I want to get the front caliper slide pins and rubber boots changed as I am getting a creaking noise when I'm breaking. Disc's and pads are fine, and I got the slide pins greased up and the noise stopped. But it has now come back again - drivers side.

Does anyone know where I can get the front slide pins from, other than Lexus main dealers. I had a look on ebay put could not find them. I also want to change the rubber boots at the same time.

Thanks

I tried everywhere to get slide pins for an LS without any luck, in the end I had to get them from Lexus. Annoyingly about 2 months before someone had a genuine set on eBay but I didn't think I needed them then!

The parts cost £58 and the dealer gave me a 5% discount on top of that. I used the link you kindly provided for the part numbers & quantities. I hope I've ordered enough rubber boots. I'll let you know how I get on.

I've still got the gearbox oil and diff oil to get changed. The Lexus gearbox oil ATF T-4 is £55 and is only available in 5 ltrs. However the car only needs 2.8ltrs. They give you too much to change it once, but not enough to change it a second time?

Mine is an Auto.

The Swede thanks for the link, but mine car is a IS200 not a GS430. The shipping costs do not make it a viable option. I tried to buy the Auto gearbox oil, but the shipping costs were $72.

No worries. We all have those moments.

Has anyone tried the Mobil Gearbox Oil ATF 3309? I was reading on Opie Oils website that it is recommended for service fill applications where Toyota T-IV, T4, T-III or T3 are called for or the Fuchs Titan ATF4400 it says it compatible for all Japanese cars including Toyota T-IV. Getting very confused which to use.

Hi i would only use the oil from Toyota as this will be the right oil for the box i only use the dealers oil in cars that i service in my garage as you would not believe the different types of oil for the same grade of oil. My front brakes have creaked since i bought mine 7 years

Thanks for the adivce. I am thinking of using the Toyota Type IV. As I mentioned before the downside is the fact that you have too much to do it once and not enough for a second time as it is only available in 5ltrs and the gearbox only takes 2.8ltrs. I tried to buy some from the US but the shipping costs were too high. The ideal situation would be to buy a job lot and sell it through the club.

For anyone about to overhaul their slide pins, you need 4 rubber boots as I found out today. I am hoping the creaking will stop now that the slide pins have been changed and new grease applied.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links