Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

10 Days Into Ownership...

Puzzling.

We have virtually the same car...mine is silent. Honest...its like riding around on Sinbad's magic carpet!

You are right to alert the dealer of all your problems and you do i'm sure, have the right (within a time period) to take it back for a full refund.

Hope its all sorted real soon for you..whichever way you go.

In fairness my old 07 220d was too, it was fabulously quiet. I thought initially it could have been due to the 18s rather than the old 16s my old car used, but if your running the same then it can't be.

Every ripple in the road is accompanied by a click, tick, buzz, rattle, squeak etc from either the centre console or what seem to be the doors.

If you said this about an 07 250 I could understand a bit of it.

But you have the facelift version on a 59 plate. My understanding was that all these little niggles had been dealt with by this version.

Maybe I've just been bloody lucky then!

I think the learning for others has to be this:

See before you buy

If you do end up placing a deposit on a car that you haven't seen, make sure you can cancel the deal if it's not 100%

There is no way a supplying dealer can "blame" the source dealership if there are things wrong - your contract is with the supplying dealership

Be prepared to just walk away and make sure you can get your money back

Don't get "emotionally" attached to either a dealer or the car

I really had my fingers burned write off with the IS220d. It was worse than a friday afternoon car, with all sorts of issues - and that was a brand new one.

What PSI are your tyres at? That can make a significant difference on the amount of road bumps you feel.

IS = Intelligent Sport so some sort of ride harshness is expected.

Not checked the pressures it's as it came from the dealer. I could see it maybe softening it but I don't think it would remove them completely, some things are still definitely rattling around in it.

Gotta admit my 07 220dse felt solid and was silent. Minimal road noise but I did get the odd CRACK from the dash warming up or cooling down. I'm just waiting for my 59 220se-l to get its mot then ill find out what noises thatzs got. Hopefully none. Its got 18s i stead of the standar 17s.But they are lexus branded wheels.

Fancy a swap Normski!

Just had a call from Cardiff they are collecting the car Monday and expect to have it most of the week (which I see as a good thing and an indication of them taking it seriously).

I'm really annoyed at Cardiff for treating you this way. I've been dealing with Martin and Natalie in Parts and Servicing as my car is much older and they have been pretty good. Also, from Leicester, they should've checked the car more thoroughly. A cracked windscreen? That's poor.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I had a call yesterday to say my car should be back tomorrow.

I've been in a CT200h for the last week and I have to say I'm not impressed. The car looks fab and drives well but it's so slow and some of the plastics etc are a bit cheap.

......and they never rang me so I'm still in the CT.

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not had any info on the new one, but I'm going to Geneva show next Friday and I think it's there.

They way I feel right now I wish I had bought an Audi S4.

I bought my IS250 from Cardiff and also have issues with this dealership.

After my car was delivered a year ago, I noticed a number of inconsistencies with the description of the spec. I had not checked everything myself, but instead relied on asking the salesman to verify the accuracy of certain parts of the car specification.

I accept that I should have spent more time checking every detail of the car out myself, but in the end they agreed to provide a new set of car mats (charcoal grey) as some compensation for my disappointment. However they said that they would not post them to me because of the cost. (I live in mid-Wales). Instead they would hold them for me when I next visited Cardiff.

Two days ago I booked in my car with them for a service and reminded them about the mats. ‘Oh we sent them back’ was the response.

The only person that seems to have any regard for customer service is Natalie, who did her best to rectify things. The original salesman did not reply to my emails. I was interested to hear about Bristol as they are near (or as far) away from me. I may try them for my next service or car change. I’ve lost faith in Lexus Cardiff and Sytner.

I had the same descriptive issues with Leicester. I think obviously there is no substitute for going over a car with a tooth comb, but thats why I bought from a dealer, for the transparency and trust etc.

It's very disappointing when you buy from the main dealer and feel that you have been taken in like a private or trader might.

In fairness I h ave no issue with cardiff in terms of results yet as my car is still in with them, they have done almost everything they told me except the audio hiss which I suspected might take some head scratching...

My plan is to give them the chance of sorting everything to the standard the car was described and if it's not I'll insist on my money back and I'll buy something else!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links