Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Alarm

I was reading the manual to my IS200 Sport (W reg)...

It says after setting the alarm by pressing lock on the wireless remote, there should be a flash of the lights after 30 seconds.

On mine I get a flash immediately, that's it :unsure:

Also pressing the lock twice turns internal sensors off, but that's not relevant I think.

What's going on?

Around this point, and I know it has been discussed before, but, does anyone know the ACTUAL date they swopped the operation over of the alarm?

My query is this. The manual say 1 press will set alarm and int. sensors on. 2nd will turn sensors off again. However, mine is the other way round (2 turns int. sensors on!) Dealocks stay on all time either way.

It just confused me, cos in the manual there is an amendment stuck over that section obviously to correct this!

Surely it would be better and more secure to go back to the old 1 press does all, 2 press turns internal sensors off?

Around this point, and I know it has been discussed before, but, does anyone know the ACTUAL date they swopped the operation over of the alarm?

My query is this.  The manual say 1 press will set alarm and int. sensors on.  2nd will turn sensors off again.  However, mine is the other way round (2 turns int. sensors on!)  Dealocks stay on all time either way.

It just confused me, cos in the manual there is an amendment stuck over that section obviously to correct this!

Surely it would be better and more secure to go back to the old 1 press does all, 2 press turns internal sensors off?

Changes were from the 2002 model year cars.

So, that's the ones from about Sept 2001 onwards.

The ones with triple washer jets etc etc ...

New arrangement is 1 press = lock, 2nd press = deadlock.

Disabling int sensors involves some bizarre ritual of clicks + button presses.

Personally i think i prefer the earlier version.

1 press = lock + deadlock, 2nd press (within 30 secs of first) = disable int sensors.

So what am I doing?

I believed the following:

1 press = locked and alarmed (Indicators flash one).

2 presses = dead locked and alarmed (indicators flash a coupe of times).

This is on a 2000 'W' plate.

Am I disabling the sensors?

Can somebody explain I’m total confused now!

:duh:

Well on mine, its...

1 press = flash once, deadlock (will check) and alarm.

2 press = flash 5 times, deadlock, alarm and interior sensors enabled.

Mines a 2001 Jan x-reg with XE - 01 or similer on the speedo.

mine - IS2000 SE '03

1press = lock (flash twice)

2press = lock + deadlock (flash twice)

3press = lock + deadlock + disable sensors. (flash ??)

My question is... if i idly press "lock" on the key to check if my motor is locked, what happens? nothing? the paranoid in me wants to press it occasionally to verify that i remembered to lock it when i got out :-)

i like the way the car auto-locks itself after 30secs if a door hasn't been opened too. nice touch. Shame it doesn't turn the headlamps on when its dark and light are on auto.

davcat - same as me mate. Sometimes I forget if I have locked it and have to unlock then relock! Looks like a right nutter.

When I get round to making the folding mirrors I shall just have to look at them!

One thing I have noticed on the newer models - not sure if it's the same on the older ones.

If you pull your boot lid on the way out of the car, switch the alarm on and then shut the boot, the internal sensors AREN'T activated.

I only noticed this because of the folding mirrors - they didn't close.

Went to a friends car (without the folding mirrors) and metered the feed to the microwave. It does the same. Asked a few people on the site and their's has this problem. (design feature?)

So, if you are going to get something out of your boot, don't set the alarm until AFTER you have closed the boot lid.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links