Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Miles To Tank

shafque

depends on where you drive and how you drive mate. e.g. when i fill up £30 from a when the fuel light comes on using V power and i drive say 60% town and 40% open road, i get around 75-85miles from it. but when i fill up the same £30 and head on the motorway and set cruise control at 70mph the same £30 will cover 145-150miles before the light comes on again. good mpg also depends on the engines health and quality of fuel being used. some fuels will burn quicker others will burn slower all depends on the extra additives added after they come from the same refinery. and one thing others miss is this is not a 2.0 litre 4 cylinder engine but saying that i constantly get 33mpg on a long constant motorway drive with cruise control.

I'm using morrisons. And maybe I'm being more delicate than others here, but I'm getting 400 - 420 miles before filling up again. I fill to the brim and wait until the needle is resting on the pin. About 50 miles with the fuel light on.

Also, I only work 13 miles away from where I live, I hardly ever use the motorway, just don't need to. I did the engine treatment thing by forte about a month ago. And I've got 125000 miles on the clock. Not sure if this has an effect on the efficiency, or whether the fact that its a 54 plate? Had they gotten more efficient the younger the engines?

I usually fill as soon as the light comes on as I live next to Tesco. Would not push it to 50 miles although if I did might be nearer the magic 400 miles?

Fuel wise the car is designed to run on unleaded and is happy to do so as its not a high output engine. Some on here swear by super unleaded but there's no real evidence to show any advantage. Like most things you pays your money and makes your choice!

So has anyone actually seen a difference it performance, MPG or smoothness with a higher ron fuel? My mate swears by it but has a type R so makes sense, but cant imagine it doing much with these engines (IS200/300)

Haven't used this service for a while, but here is my average fuel consumption for my IS200 Sport (manual):

86298.png

My tank average (by distance) involves 50% around Milton Keynes (so lots of roundabouts but fairly free-flowing traffic) and 50% M1 to and from London.

So roughly the same consumption as Stuart's car I think?

I use Shell V-Power by the way.

Well i use my IS mainly for commuting which is town driving. Its a really nice car to be in of course but i can tell its not designed for it, and is crying to be driven properly! Ive got a week off this week with the mrs and have been trekking about a fair bit and am amazed how much better the car is on fuel on a long run in comparison. In fact the car in general is much more suited to A, B roads and motorways. Its the first time since buying it ive had chance to really drive it properly and am thoroughly enjoying it. The only bad thing is it doesnt stay nice and clean :( lol

Does the Sportscross have a larger fuel tank? Because I have no idea how Stuart manages 400 miles to a tank! Lol :)

I was wondering that last night. I've got a 70 litre tank and have been filling up when the fuel low light has been on for about a day and I'm finding that I still have around 5 litres left. I'm only putting in 65 litres of fuel each time.

It wouldn't surprise me if the SportCross has a slightly larger tank.

Does the Sportscross have a larger fuel tank? Because I have no idea how Stuart manages 400 miles to a tank! Lol :)

I was wondering that last night. I've got a 70 litre tank and have been filling up when the fuel low light has been on for about a day and I'm finding that I still have around 5 litres left. I'm only putting in 65 litres of fuel each time.

It wouldn't surprise me if the SportCross has a slightly larger tank.

No then cos we've all got 70 litre tanks as well lol

Only five litres left is pushing it a bit. Imagine a single gallon in the bottom of the tank that spreads right across the back of the car, does not leave much for the fuel pick up. You run the risk of dragging up any deposits from the tank. You'd be surprised what accumulates in the tank over 10 years.

I'm sure that by the time you take in the filler neck you might have a bit more capacity but I would fill as soon as the light comes on as a minimum precaution.

No problem Stuart, we all get to know our cars. My misses will run her car on the fuel light for a week drives me mad, but she,s never run out yet!

To be honest I had my previous car reach zero miles to go and managed minus 67 miles before I reached home.

Any way I,m beating you by 0.3 of a gallon, lol

I mesed up my first week! I've got to input it properly as I did 133 miles and then filled the tank, so it reckoned I only did 9.7 mpg that week . .

Dam....one day I find someone worse off than me.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links