Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Dreaded Rust.

tonyricha

Afternoon all, has anybody on here ever tried to claim on the 12 year corrosion warranty? my2006 GS 450 has developed quite a few sores on the front passenger door which are clearly not caused by damage to the paintwork, she is in at MK today for a service so I asked them to look into this but they seem worried because she has done a few miles. Hope to hear the answer this afternoon so will post the results here later.

You may be lucky with the dealership, as usually the corrosion warranty requires a panel to have been perforated rather than surface rust. Probably is if you have blisters under paint that hasn't been damaged.

I did, had some rusty stone chips on the leading edge of my (IS300) bonnet.

Took it in on the off chance and because they couldnt ascertain whether they were from the utside in, or the inside out, they replaced the bonnet as part of the warranty.

Took a week mind, with no courtesy car....

Well my present Lexus garage said it had been previously damaged and badly repaired so I have gone back to the Lexus garage I bought it from 4 years ago saying there was no way I could have known this when I agreed to buy the car. They have asked for photos of the affected door. As the car was only 2 years old with low mileage and HPI clear I argue it should be covered by the corrosion warranty, watch this space!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links