Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Driving To Paris This Summer :d

Drove to Paris last summer in my mates Focus Ghia, was real good fun. Staying on outskirts and used trains for Disney Land and Paris. This time im driving in the Lex and i cant friggin wait. Gotta get it serviced and cambelt changed first and its ready to role. 450 ish miles to Hotel, im gonna try and do it on one tank. If the tolls are busy tho prob wont happen. Planning on July.

I have found the car can cruise at 77MPH ish at 3000 RPM. Think this is the best speed? The car will have 4 ppl in and full of luggage :driving:

Yeh I found mine sits at 40mpg on the guage between 67-70mph at this rpm the engine is turning at around 2500/2600rpm so not working hard at all and sipping fuel like a 1.6litre...which do you find more economical Petay? do you find using your foot to control the throttle opening more economical or using the cruise control? I normally use cruise control once i hop on the motorway and let the car drive its self which returns 33mpg when i do the maths from a longish 200mile trip this will translate to exactly 435miles to a tank full but I am yet to test mpg on a long trip without driving with cruise control and actually using my foot to adjust throttle opening but I have become lazy after switching to automatic car now that after about 20mins using my foot i find it hard work to keep it at a constant position and just activate the cruise control. I remember watching an episode of top gear where Clarkson was testing the BMW 535d or 535i cant recall the exact model and he claimed he was getting more mpg by using his foot than when using cruise control. maybe you can test it by using cruise control on your way to Paris and see how many miles you get from the tank and drive without cruise control on your way back and see how many miles you covered from the tank.

Safe trip mate :phone: i recon you can do it on £85..

@noby: In my 745i, I noticed that it doesn't really make a difference between using the cruise control or foot. I use that car mainly for motorways, and I've seen a difference of +/- 1 mpg on average to be honest :)

@noby: In my 745i, I noticed that it doesn't really make a difference between using the cruise control or foot. I use that car mainly for motorways, and I've seen a difference of +/- 1 mpg on average to be honest :)

ah cheers pal, i wont bother straining my right foot for 200miles then.. will let the car drive its self i guess..i wont be selfish to try and extract any more mpg from it as i personally think 33mpg from a 3.0 litre auto on a long run is excellent.

TBH, the first time i really got to drive the car properly since i bought it was a couple of weeks ago when i did 200 odd miles round trip down south and back, and thoroughly enjoyed it. After that ive really got to know the car alot better as all ive been doing is the commute and the odd drive to the parents and back.

I found that if the motorway was clear or going at a consistent pace the cruise control worked well and kept the MPG at its full potential. If there were hills ups and downs i preferred to switch it off keep the same speed going up the hill but then keep my foot at the same position as the car picks up speed going down without using extra fuel. Also found that if it was busy and there were ppl switching lanes or trucks hogging the lanes it was best to use foot and just let the car coast to slow down and then gradually pick up speed. Being a auto if you let off the gas the car just coasts about. but like you said it gets old fast and after about 20 mins im just trying to use CC as much as pos lol but not the best when its busy and stuff is changing alot. I find in america everyone just drives at the same speed in the same lane for hours and CC works well, sorta like in those 50 zones everyone is just chillin

I bet your 745 has adaptive CC so gets around that....

Were gonna put aside £200 of fuel which will easily cover it, so a bit of room for a heavy foot too then :whistling:

Have an enjoyable trip mate. You taking the ferry across or car train?

I drove from Paris to Milton Keynes in less than a tank, and via ferry crossing. I had one passenger + luggage on board. :)

Have fun!

Thats good to know thanks. were gonna do Train because my wife gets sea sick. gonna get a early one and drive thru the night due to having to use M25 and M6

I also have read on here if using the snow button on the motorway your less likely to use fuel. but i guess its all down to how well you use the throttle....

Have a great trip Also if you get the time check out the prices of 2nd hand 97-00 LS"s in France please

If i by chance see any for sale ill deff note it for you matey np. If you put .fr instead of .co.uk you can access there autotraders, eBay etc

• 3 months later...

The trip has been canceled due to the friend coming with us just had his hernia removed and doctor advising him against Disney Land rides. Shame. no hard feelings though

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links