Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Something New Just Arrive!

Hi ians200 , yes I do have the whole kit and it's sound amazing , special with my custom exhaust, I will put the video up when the weather nice. About the filter yes u can make it fit but u need to make the custom pipe, or buy the one in the prolex or the cheap way to get a k & n filter panel.

Hi Steve , sorry I can't document it , the kit already on my car ages ago , I only change the new filter so it simple job really but if anyone wanna know how to install this kit I can send u a link or I can put the link up on here but I kindda worry about copy right!! cos the link is from k & n web site , but u can download directly from k & n web site or if u can't find it pm me.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys quick update ...just replaced the filter Todai which took me less than five minutes to do and so when for a drive since I haven't touched my car for nearly 2 weeks , which surprisingly still starting first time! anyway about the k & n intake yes it sound impressive but auto box it's so slow sumtime , it's always in higher gear in D mode.

Ok guys quick update ...just replaced the filter Todai which took me less than five minutes to do and so when for a drive since I haven't touched my car for nearly 2 weeks , which surprisingly still starting first time! anyway about the k & n intake yes it sound impressive but auto box it's so slow sumtime , it's always in higher gear in D mode.

you not doing ECT-PWR with M mode justice Panya . Lexus put M mode there for you to think for the ECU rather than it thinking for its self. :winky:

Yh I did use m and ect mode after that , its kindda fun on the back road and only gear I never need is 3 and 4......now my brakes is totally squeaky!

so if you say the auto box is slow what do you mean?? do you mean slow to kick down when you put your foot down or slow to respond to the Up/Down buttons??

what mean is , it's always staying in the wrong gear in the d mode and always wanted to get to higher gear , but I guess this is lexus thing, but it's would be nice if ect mode always come on as a default setting :d

ah yes in D mode it will try and stay in higher gears as much as possible to save you fuel and run more economical i guess. if you you not happy with that granny setting activate the ECT-PWR button and drive in that mode always. and it will hold on to lower gears more so if lets say if ECU seletcs 4th or even 5th when cruising at 40mph, ECT-PWR will hold it in 3rd gear when doing 40mph so the moment you floor it you wont have to wait for it to kick down..it will just go. :D ... yeh VSC is there to always keep the car stable in spirited driving so we dont end up in a ditch i guess.. i like it on cus it protects us and the car and to be honest i havent felt the need to turn TRC off even when driving aggressively and VSC has kicked in twice which came in handy other wise i would have lost the back end..

so have you put yours on a Dyno after the intake mod just to check what bhp your baby is pushing or will that be after the Turbo upgrade?? I am considering dynoing mine as am kinda curios as to what bhp its pushing after 11 years..

dyno prices where I am is about £75 and you can have as many pulls as you want. yeh read a bit about the adjustable cam gear, header, y pipe , cat back upgrades on the US forums but apparantly all they do it make the car a bit more responsive and not that much BHP could be gained from it maybe 10-15bhp and the parts a not cheap so you gota weigh the options if the money is worth 15bhp and will one really feel 15bhp increase in a car?? maybe top end will be improved with these mods.

Dyno for £75 that's not that bad, would like to hav a go some day. to be honest only thing that i would like to do to my car is would be new sway bar and some coilover and that it done for me. I like to keep it oem as possible.

Dyno for £75 that's not that bad, would like to hav a go some day. to be honest only thing that i would like to do to my car is would be new sway bar and some coilover and that it done for me. I like to keep it oem as possible.

yeh maybe when the weather starts getting a bit warmer i might book it in for a dyno. and yeh keeping it oem is best decision panya. what most

forget is most parts on the IS like manifold, y pipe, exhaust are already good in stock form..so before you think of more power upgrade, its better to upgrade things like brake discs/pads to performance ones and maybe upgrading suspension parts like sway bars, bushes to more rigid ones and also lower the cars height slightly with maybe Eibach lowering springs with front/rear strut brace thrown in and you will be able to stop the car much more later and carry more of the 211bhp power through corners and long sweeping bends without coming of the throttle and the car will stay planted...somethimes most people think they need more power but what they really need is a brake system upgrade and suspension upgrade to put that stock power down effectively...

go

to see a stock honda S2000 take on some high performace cars.. all down to good car balance better brakes and suspension. car only makes about 240bhp max but embarasses high performance cars like there were all being driven by grannys.. I love that car man :)

I was looking into s2000 too nobby , u can pick one up for about 6k now , well thats last time I check. But I'm only 25 and insruance for s2000 is gone about 2k, so it's a no no for me!. For now I have to stick with is300 :d

am a lil bit older than you but i need 4 doors for practicallity.. only two performance cars i regret for not owning are the Toyota Celica VVTL-i and the Honda S2000 and the good thing i like about them is not a lot of people know the true performance of the S2000 and they go and buy Porche's and M3's until they see that little 2.0litre car keeping up on their rear bumper on a race track :msn-oh: .. always

I think my insurance properly refuse me if I go for s2000 lol , I just brought a ford ka for run around last week and my insurance just ask why would go from lexus to ford ka! :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links