Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Chaps

I have a Parrot hands free kit and it has failed - the symptom was a really noisey phone connection (on several phones) so I had the unit replaced with an eBay special and that has subsequently failed. Has anybody had a similar experience and any ideas? I have had to resort to sticking a BT head set in my ear which is sub-optimal to say the least. The replacement unit did work after it was installed and has sunsequently failed as well.

Any pointers before I go to an auto electrician would be great.

Cheers

Bren

It might be worth visiting an electrician anyway, just to check your alternator is behaving correctly.

I was just about to do so and my drivers seat suffered a small mechanical failure - so I need to fix that first :)

I think the system is charging ok - I checked it myself being an electrical engineer - I'm not an auto-electrician and cannot get my big fat hands where they need to go.

Cheers

Bren

First time I have heard of a exParrot.... Or is it

Seriously sorry for your bad luck

and it is Blue :) Do they make them in Norway?

Commiserations appreciated Ray - I cannot get my hands in where the damn thing is stuffed so I will have to seek help

Good news today though - I just had my seat fixed by my local garage. It needed weding and a fab shop next door to CGR was able to weld aluminium so my fat bum is not wobbling the seat any more.

Now for the Parrot :)

Bren

The Parrot kit in my GS is fitted below and to the right of the glovebox and I think the guy fitted the one in the SC under the centre console. Don't know it that helps at all but good luck with it.

The Parrot kit in my GS is fitted below and to the right of the glovebox and I think the guy fitted the one in the SC under the centre console. Don't know it that helps at all but good luck with it.

There is a control unit that sits on top of the dash but the main unit (blue box) is in the boot of a LS430 not far from the Nav DVD unit. It required a long cable to be installed when the unit was originally fitted.

Bren

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links