Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Tyres Were Worn To The Webbing?

jamesey

hi ive got 225 45 17s on the back and 215 45 17s on the front , this is how i bought the car , the spare was a new 215 45 17 and i put that on the front , well over the last few weeks ive noticed that the inner rears have worn bald and the fronts are getting really worn aswell , ive got 6.5mm on the outside of the fronts and 3.0mm on the inners up to now , ive heard of a guy called tony that setts these cars up but i think hes on london somewhere , ive also heard that lexus or national tyres settings for the tracker are wrong , where could i take it reound me , im near chesterfield or sheffield , can anyone help?

just had 2 part worns fitted to the rear and he took them off and to my amazement they were down to the wires , not good to say id just been on hol in it.

Hi Jamesy. WIM and Tony Bones are in Chesham, Buckinghamshire. If you go to the website www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk there are other sites around the UK that will do the alignment to Tony's settings. Hopefully this will sort out the problems. The rear wheels, do you have spacers on? I'm using 215/45/R17's for the front amd back.

Okay, I don't know if that would have an impact or not. Anywho. I'm booked in, via WIM at a centre in cwmbran, South Wales, so there should be a depot near you that Tony would send the settings to. It's £114 (inc VAT) but at least the alignment and geometry will be sorted.

hi again , took the car to wingerworth and they didnt want to know basicly , so i rung hawleys tyres sheffield and he put these settings into the car , i gave him tonys wim settings aswell and he said these were as close to his as he could get them.

the car feels really good on the road so i hope this has solved it....tony what do you think to the readings?20130415_172856_zps0602ea68.jpg

Start saving for new front tyres then?.... Their mesurment type is decimal degrees so for example the front toe should be +0 12' each side, not +0 60, this is around + 35' or around +3mm each side, rather than + 4' or +2mm per side.

Dear LOC geometry man, do you of anyone in the east sussex area that may be able to check the geometry on my 2002 IS200, after doing more mileage now its become obvious that the fronts are wearing on the inside edges. Do the rears need checking also?, if so, what is a reasonable charge to have this done, regards Bob

ill ring them again tomorrow and see why they have done it like that , he did it with my reg number and that gave him the settings he said he try and do them close to that , i could do with a letter from you to give me some amunition.lol

Dear LOC geometry man, do you of anyone in the east sussex area that may be able to check the geometry on my 2002 IS200, after doing more mileage now its become obvious that the fronts are wearing on the inside edges. Do the rears need checking also?, if so, what is a reasonable charge to have this done, regards Bob

The IS200/300/ SC needs a full geometry, not tracking or four wheel laser alignment, so be wise. www.alignmycar.com is a site that can find the correct machine nearest to your addy.

The problem with the IS geometry is the low castor position but the angle is not directly adjustable. I wrote new positions years back that allows indirect adjustment by using a change in the camber that displaces the toe that when corrected adjusts the castor.

That's what happened at Direct Tyres. Following the directions you sent, as the toe and camber was getting closer, the caster just cameto him apparently automatically.

The new camber on the rear gives so much more grip now. I also ccouldn't believe how out the toe was on all wheels!?!

That's what happened at Direct Tyres. Following the directions you sent, as the toe and camber was getting closer, the caster just cameto him apparently automatically.

The new camber on the rear gives so much more grip now. I also ccouldn't believe how out the toe was on all wheels!?!

If I may butt in. We recently had an LOC member who was having the same problem but on an LS400. he was told that as far as tyre wear was concerned LS's were set up to wear out the tyres on the edge.

That of course was completely wrong.

He eventually took the car to a Laser 4 wheel alignment engineers and after an hour or so they corrected the problem and everything was OK. I myself in my MK 4 LS400 had to have the same last year for poor tyre wear and after 2 hours they sorted it £65 incl VAT and it was amazing the difference it made to driving the car. Mike

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links