Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ct200H Advance Dab Option

Anthony003

I am considering buying a new CT200h Advance and wanted to know if any had opted for the DAB radio and is it worth the extra? As I will only be driving about 4 miles to work and 4 miles back, would it make much differance with fuel economy using the Hybrid engine. Steve @ Lexus Hatfield was very good and explained the differance between the other CT200h models and the Advance model has wht we would like in the Car. I was impressed with the MoveOn navigation System as its position is in perfect view whiles driving. The Parking monitor is cleaverly positioned in the electrochromtic rear-view mirror which makes sense. The dual zone, electronic climate control is great as I enjoy the cool aircondition and my wife likes to keep warm so it suites us both when driving.

I would like to know what other owners have to say about the ride comfort as we have a lot of uneven roads and potholes in St.Albans at present.

post-46798-0-64010400-1365931580_thumb.j

Hi Anthony

I collected my CT Advance exactly a month ago and can say that I love it.

I did go for the DAB but to be honest unless you are REALLY keen on Planet Rock / Radio 4 extra or another station that you can't get on FM then I wouldn't bother. Just buy a USB cable that plugs into your Iphone (or other) and download as may podcasts as you like!

I would whole hartedley recommend the car and Lexus Hatfield is also fantastic. Go for the service plan (over 10 years, you can transfer / stop it anytime) as it works out to £19 per month!

Oh and the ride is firm (sporty) but fine.

A much better car that the 1 series / A3 etc etc sheeps cars!

Seth

• Like 1

Hi Seth,

Thanks for your advise on DAB. It's good to know information from someone who has experience in this area. We had a Test Drive last Saturday and loved the way the car drives and handles. I like the layout of the car and everything is well layer out on the dashboard.

I found the booth a bit small but can get used to it. Is there any thing else you can add to help me make my decision? The price is on the high side so I want to get a good deal or extras thrown in so I feel good about buying a new Lexus instead of settling for a second hand one.

Thanks once again.

Hi. Yes Lexus Hatfield are good.

I too was worried bout the ride so made a note of bad roads n Steve let me go on my own route n included them in that. Remember how ur current car goes thro' those roads n I suspect u will find not much difference.

I love my one, went into London via m25 n a40 drove round west eailing n shepherds bush n out on a1. 63 miles n 48 mile per gal, far better than my old diesel n at 6p per litre, plus although tank smaller but has same range. Def way to go.

Ignore all British road tests, read the ones in the USA who appreciate this vehicle.

Also at 30 n 40 notice that sometime electric motor comes in. When on motorway n going up hill the electric comes in so petrol engine stays at same rev's. sports function is brill especially for coming onto roundabouts.

I went out in Toyota Auris that has same engine. Went in excel which is all the bells n whistles. Then went out in Lexus. That's when u feel the difference n my deposit went down after my second longer test drive!

Say hello to Steve from Joan :)

• Like 1

Oh n my version has DAB. The radio is very clear n none of the fade that have on FM. Now using all time.

Iphone Bluetooths to the radio so no need for leads although my husbands car picked up my Iphone from indoors as he was about to drive off lol.

Go into settings n change the bass etc n makes sound more acceptable.

The most annoying thing is the reverse bleep. If u have a baby on board no way could u sneek home without waking little one up. V v annoying!

Be wary of the displays on the electric/petrol engine usage. How didn't have an accident watching them unintentionally the first few day I don't know lol.

Love my CT :)

• Like 1

Hi Joan

Re the parking beep: it's a little know fact that the dealer can turn it off! Mine just beeps once. I didn't go for Lexus parking sensors as I had them retro fitted for a fraction of the price.

If you hate the continuous beep then get them to turn it off. I have a .pdf that has all the settings that you can change / the dealer can change for you. PM me and I'll send it to you. I.e. windows open from the key fob (great for summer days)

The reason I use a cable for my Iphone music is that the phone bit connects with Bluetooth and it gets confused if you are trying to connect both phone and music via Bluetooth so it's music via cable / phone by BT and I don't have to change any of the settings

Hope this helps

Seth

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Yes just the nav

thanks for the reply!! - that's a pity as other models in the range use this space for a whole host of other information on their inbuilt dash screen and have a better mouse interface.. need to give it some more thought as I very rarely use sat nav and when I do I generally use my phone.. can't see the point of 100% dedicated screen just for nav..

It's basically a non nav version with a built in Tom Tom and other extras. I tried to price up all the extras with a standard nav (screen for car stuff too) and it was around £4k more so I didn't think it worth it.

That's useful to know Seth. I had wrongly assumed that any Lexus with a screen in the front would incorporate all the touch screen controls/rearview camera/parking aid/phone directory etc which i have in my poorer and more primative relative, 2007 prius. So the sat nav is just a Sat Nav? hmmm the CT still seems to have fallen victim to cost engineering.

That's useful to know Seth. I had wrongly assumed that any Lexus with a screen in the front would incorporate all the touch screen controls/rearview camera/parking aid/phone directory etc which i have in my poorer and more primative relative, 2007 prius. So the sat nav is just a Sat Nav? hmmm the CT still seems to have fallen victim to cost engineering.

Hi Wass - it's only the 'Advance' version that comes with TomTom that the screen is solely dedicated to Sat Nav - any other version with screen is like the Prius. :)

Hi Wass - it's only the 'Advance' version that comes with TomTom that the screen is solely dedicated to Sat Nav - any other version with screen is like the Prius. :)

Thanks for the heads up Paul

• 2 weeks later...

I had the opportunity to drive a RX450h for a couple of days last week whilst my car was in for its service.

The RX had a DAB radio, and I must say that, if you like classical music, it's brilliant. I find classical music relaxing on long journeys but find it frustrating to listen to BBC R3 or Classic FM as the reception is always crackly.

None of that with the DAB radio: the sound was crisp and clear.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links