Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Polish Or Wax

I had my LS 400 professionally detailed a year ago. Have a look here:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=267284

Since then Christian, the chap who did this wonderful job, advised me NOT to polish the car again, but simply yo apply WAX in order to keep the car in this pristine condition. He recommended:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/collinite-476s-super-doublecoat-auto-wax/prod_207.html

In other words, once a car has been properly POLISHED all you need is WAX thereafter. The results on my car speak for themselves and continue to amaze me.

Don't forgot to clay ur car first with detailing to take all contaminations out and leave ur paint work smooth before polish and wax.

Ps. Don't rush , just pick a nice day and spend time on it. Oh don't forgot some pics on one here when you done it :)

Hi transporter about the white residue u should u should tape ur car with some masking tape first, and sometime if u apply to much wax or evenly could cause this too. it's a hard wax which mean its should last longer compare to liquid wax.

I normally do is leave all the rubber and plastic to the last and apply with some rubber shine to giv it a wet look effect.

Ha! Thanks for the tip but there is no way that I would ever mask off the trim to keep the wax off it.... I'll just be a bit more carefull. Yeah the Autoglym does seem to last well.... I did use meguires once but it is a natural wax and really didn't last long at all.

By the way, now that the Winter is over it will pay for you all to wash the underside of your cars to rmove mud and salt from round the wheelarches, suspension points and anywhere where this clag has accumulated..... also it will pay to gently run plenty of fresh clean water through the aircon condenser and raditor to remove salt and to slow down corrosion

I use dodo juice, it’s a bit
expensive but is good stuff, then 3 coats off wolfs hard body sealant, this gives a hard
shell, then 1 coat of Sonax Polymer Net Shield, this repels water like you have
never seen.

Did mine this morning, good wash, clay bar, polish then wax.

Used the Meguirs 3 part system.

post-40559-0-59862900-1367837161_thumb.j

post-40559-0-94583000-1367837228_thumb.j

post-40559-0-72685500-1367837247_thumb.j

Feels like glass.

Would comb my hair in the reflection if i had any to comb :whistling:

After clay bar, wash ur cash again

Can I just rinse it with water after clay or do I have to shampoo it again...can you tell I don't like washing my car lol

When i clay bar my car i did not rinse it, just used a microfibre cloth to remove the detailing fluid, then polished up the car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links