Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Everyone

Amy_L3XU5

Hi guys,

Always good to start with an introduction. After owning an Audi 2.8 Quattro for a long time the gearbox finally gave up on me and I brought a Lexus IS200. I've come to love the car it's fully loaded with built in sat nav etc, however I just can't adapt to the power loss :( I initially started looking at remapping but company after company told me they won't do Lexus and advised I join an owners club or similar. Well I've been reading a few threads and I guess it doesn't look for a little power gain.

Anyway a big Hi from the sunny West Midlands, I look forward to meeting some of you guys sometime.

Many thanks

Amy

Hi Amy, welcome to the forum. Yep the 200 is not especially fast, but some drivers fail to realise that there is a marked power band at about 3500/4000 rpm, try going thro the gears using the tacho to hit the revs. I had a brill 200 for a few years, and then went for an IS300 for the bigger engine. Enjoy yourself!

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

Sorry can't help with the power and there's no plug and play available for them.

We have a club meeting on Sunday the 5th May if you are interested in driving over, you may get some ideas for more power!

Look at the link in Ian's post above for more details.

Hi guys,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I would consider supercharger but at the moment it's my main car and can't have it off the road.

Yes I believe I have seen something about an East Midlands meeting. I will have to check the time as I am working from Hinckley in the East Midlands on Sunday and if I can go from there to the meeting I will :)

Keep it between 4600 and 6200rpm for better pull. if you want to build up cylinder pressure early in the rpm range to make it 'drivable' then a bigger engine swap or supercharger will help eliminate this and rive like your old 2.8litre.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links