Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

So Happy, should have gone Lexus years ago! Like the WRC on the plate but wont be for long as Ive got my own ready to go on once the DVLA pull there finger out and get documents sorted!

post-46871-0-65066300-1368526477_thumb.j

• Like 1

congrats Gary, the Diesel engines are not Lexus's strengths but should give good service all the same. :)

Thanks John and yes i did read a bit about issues with the Diesels but to be honest from what ive driven in the past to me it goes like sh** of a shovel!

It has had a full lexus service history and the issues like head gasket etc have all been done and sorted through lexus so like you say if i look after her she will be fine. I get bored after about 2 - 3 years but i already know i will be going for the IS250 next time.

Have a read on the topics concerning use of BG244 engine carbon flush and AR6200 Diesel additive. i found they worked well.

There are other alternatives too.

What sort of annual mileage are you doing?

I get bored after about 2 - 3 years but i already know i will be going for the IS250 next time.

same here IS250 or more so the GS300 next time as MPG is pretty much the same for both cars but the GS will ride and go better as it packs more punch.

Have a read on the topics concerning use of BG244 engine carbon flush and AR6200 Diesel additive. i found they worked well.

There are other alternatives too.

What sort of annual mileage are you doing?

Hi Normski, funny you should mention that, not only 5 mins ago i was reading the posts and have already ordered some BG244. How often do you use it?

I have also been using some Millers Fuel additive http://www.millersoils.co.uk/automotive/tds-automotive.asp?prodsegmentID=227&sector=Car

If i continue like the last 2 years ill be doing around 30,000 per year!

BG244 is a tin in 60 litres of fuel, then run through the car in usual driving. i did mine every 8-10,000 miles. If you are so inclined you can take off the EGR and have a look inside and clean it if necessary. Its quite easy to do. Quite a few vids on Youtube about doing it.

Your mileage is good to see..you'll be getting the engine good and hot. Which is exactly what it needs.

BG244 is a tin in 60 litres of fuel, then run through the car in usual driving. i did mine every 8-10,000 miles. If you are so inclined you can take off the EGR and have a look inside and clean it if necessary. Its quite easy to do. Quite a few vids on Youtube about doing it.

Your mileage is good to see..you'll be getting the engine good and hot. Which is exactly what it needs.

Great thanks for that. I would say about 80% of my driving is motorways which is great now as i can sit nice with the cruise control on. Seen vids on the EGR so will prob have a go at that one day if we get some sunny weather lol.

Maybe you will know the best bulbs to get for these. I want to change the headlights and sidelights, after the Xenon look, brights as possible. cant be doing with rubbish headlights and dirty windscreens!

Hi Gary, welcome to the site and to Lexus Ownership. I've only had my 54' Sportcross since Jan, wanted a diesel estate, but couldn't bear the thought of driving to work in a Ford Focus, so I saw mine on sale at a good price, the mileage scared me initially, but the guys on hear settled my nerves and now that she's been serviced, I'm loving it.

I'll keep an eye out on your progress, as I may upgrade to the diesel in about 2-3 years time.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links