Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Isf Brakes

Was just doing some research for pads and dics and see europarts are offering front pagid pads for £38 inc delivery at the mo!

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Lexus_IS_5.0_2008/p/car-parts/brakes/brake-friction/brake-pad/?101821018&1&9fe7d9cf479ab01b79a8aaa165f69277cdae6503&000036

MrW are you running the pagids yet -- if so any good?

Getting them fitted tomorrow mate as it happens. Didn't rush to fit them after I got them at a bargain price as there was still a little life left in the old stuff. I paid the same as that for mine.

Look forward to hearing your feedback in due course. At that price tho, it's a bit of a bargain so hope they hold up. My last pagids I bought did great but cost £400+vat for pair of fronts for slightly bigger discs (380mm) on diff. car... hmm 10x the price! the ISF is turning out to be pretty reasonable on consumables so far!!

I see we have matching IS-F's ; '08 in Cadoxton Slate Grey :)

Its cost me about £200 for front discs and pads and rear pads only. Fitting at my local place is 65+VAT.

Yes I see we do, it wouldn't have been my first choice but looks cracking when clean.

Not too bad at all given performance etc.

It does scrub up well in the flesh. Tar is an issue here so that's usually invisible :) I would have preferred the silver or blue too actually but beggars etc.

Pagid stoppers are now on. Obviously got to take it easy for the first few hundred, but it's already stopping well. I took it on a trip up to Oulton Park yesterday, as I was going to the Toyota GT86 track day, so first hundred completed without fuss.

I notice the rear pads haven't got the audible wear indicators like the originals, no issue really as you don't want to be running them that low to hit those anyway, didn't get that low this time.

• 1 month later...

Pagid stoppers are now on. Obviously got to take it easy for the first few hundred, but it's already stopping well. I took it on a trip up to Oulton Park yesterday, as I was going to the Toyota GT86 track day, so first hundred completed without fuss.

I notice the rear pads haven't got the audible wear indicators like the originals, no issue really as you don't want to be running them that low to hit those anyway, didn't get that low this time.

How are these going now they are bedded in? As I really really need to purchase some discs and pads in the next week!

How are these going now they are bedded in? As I really really need to purchase some discs and pads in the next week!

Don't think they did too well. Didn't stop him going into a tree anyway :)

I'm guessing you are joking Steve ;0)

I'm guessing you are joking Steve ;0)

No, he really did go into a tree.

Oh ouch

Yep it did smart a bit.....as for the Pagids, I really didn't really get my moneys worth our of them only did 3.5K on them, most of it around europe, before the accident. In fact theres a very rough looking ISF in storage with brand new brakes and nearly new tyres all round...typical.

out of interest how much would a main stealer want for front pads and discs? As with tyres id be loathe to skimp on quality as if you stop 1m quicker you may not hit whatever you were stopping for. But I've got aftermarket set up on my Elise which stop much more effectively then oem. Bigger discs so not fair comparison and with track day tyres on a hot day the Elise stop pretty quickly. Never activated abs on an isf yet. Must try harder on next test drive!

Main dealer wanted £290 (front) for discs and I think it was over £400 (front) for the pads.

I got the discs from Lexus at £260, as I get 10% off with my service plan and then went for the Hawk Performance Ceramic pads at £150. My garage is charging £50 to fit.

So £460 vs the £900 Lexus wanted. Not bad.

Oh ouch

Yep it did smart a bit.....as for the Pagids, I really didn't really get my moneys worth our of them only did 3.5K on them, most of it around europe, before the accident. In fact theres a very rough looking ISF in storage with brand new brakes and nearly new tyres all round...typical.

Really sorry to hear about your F, that is really sad!

Do you think it will get back on the road?

Main dealer wanted £290 (front) for discs and I think it was over £400 (front) for the pads.

I got the discs from Lexus at £260, as I get 10% off with my service plan and then went for the Hawk Performance Ceramic pads at £150. My garage is charging £50 to fit.

So £460 vs the £900 Lexus wanted. Not bad.

Keep us informed on how the ceramic pads perform.

Oh ouch

Some one may repair it, but the rear of the shell is pretty bad. The repairer who assessed the car said that it needed a shell really, but he'd allowed for every panel available for the rear structure of the car, as a shell is not available from Lexus. After hearing that I didn't want it back to be frank.

Oh ouch

Some one may repair it, but the rear of the shell is pretty bad. The repairer who assessed the car said that it needed a shell really, but he'd allowed for every panel available for the rear structure of the car, as a shell is not available from Lexus. After hearing that I didn't want it back to be frank.

Have you been out yet, and did you get a decent amount?

Rang them today, the first cheques are being posted, to me and the finance company, and my cherished plate is now retained so the last 10% they hold onto should be along a week later. so hopefully by then end of next week it will be sorted.

Already had the money from Gap insurance so going to pick up a cheap hot hatch or something, as a temporary measure in the next few days. Having only one car in the household is a pain in the arse!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links