Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Best And What Visc Oil For Is200

hi guys,

need some advice from the more experianced people than myself, im going to be servicing the car next week, what is the best oil for the 200 and what visc is the best for the uk, i've heard and seen all sorts like 10-40 semi syn to 5-30 fully syn even to 0-30 fully syn, so just asking advice of which is best for the car, and also do i need a new sump plug and washer when servicing or will the old one go back as normal,

thanks for your help

rich.

I did 5w 30. I got oil from euro car parts. valvovine synpower. its good oil but your not paying for the brand. If you still want to pay for the brand its gotta be Castrol edge. If you buy a genuine oil filter you'll get a washer. Dont think its nessasary to replace plug but those magnetic ones cant be bad i suppose. I bought a cheap make air filter and it didnt fit and regret it, got a refund and got a K&N

you should use a new washer but I've reused them plenty of times in the past without issue.

I don't think you need to use a fully syn oil unless you have a modified engine. A semi like Magnatec 10W40 is fine or a 5W30

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links