Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Der all

after researching for this car on this forum for a while, i have finally bought myself a 2006 GS450h with 85000 miles. With full lexus history, 8 stamps and the last major service done 2000 miles ago. ( i have called Lexus before purchase to see if there is any issues reported and they told me the front brake pad and calipers need replacing in the next services and that's the only thing) I hope this is a good buy....

The only down side of this car is it has 4 owners.....my wife kept telling me off because of that...

Just want to get some re-assurance from you all to see if that could be an issue? I am quite worry about now after my wife kept on going for the last 24 hours!!!

I think I got a good deal at 7.5K??

Thanks

simon

Welcome Simon.. the number of owners a car has is not really relevant and not so much of a downside when buying a car. most people think if a car has had say 5 owners in the past then its a danger zone but it all depends on the condition of the car i.e has it been serviced when its due? and if the previous 5 owners kept the car in good condition, took good care of it and serviced it during their ownership then you have nothing to worry about as another car might just have one owner from new but that owner would be a careless one and not bother with maintaining the car which can also end up in huge bills even with a one owner vehicle once you acquire it. Although service histories are important, they can be forged easily these days so there is not point looking too much into service history. its all about the condition of the car when you go to view it. body work, tyre condition, no under body leaks, no suspension knocks and gearbox works ok when you test drive that's how I buy a car cus I end up re servicing a car and replacing spark plugs and all fluids from engine oil, gearbox fluids to brake fluids and diff fluids when I buy a car anyway just to keep my mind at rest and know its been done rather than what a stamp in a book tells me. enjoy..

I am sure you will enjoy this car and after a few months I am sure your wife will come to appreciate what a great car you have.

Welcome to the LOC

Go for it mate ,doesnt matter who drove it for those miles .Fantastic car with SE L spec & full LSH what is to question????? My SE L has covered twice that distance with no problems and still no faults, not even re gassed the air con yet. Buy it and enjoy before someone else does.

• 7 months later...

I have been Searching for weeks for a low milage 450h SE L. They are like hens teeth so a good clean car at that price is a rare thing and I have narrowly missed out on three as thay are in such demand.. enjoy it and feel proud of your decision.

Buy the Mrs a bunch of flowers and a box of chox, shell come round. Im negotiating on a 57 plate SE L tommorrow and my Mrs has told me to hold out for a deal that leaves me £3K in hand on a PX or dont do it. I will get the car regardless (shhh dont tell the dealer).

PS

Try driving around for a week and see how many Lexus GS 450's you can see on the road. I did and I have yet to see one.

You are driving a rare classy motor.

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

Have you managed to find yourself a GS450h (it shows a 2007 model in your profile) or are you still on the lookout for one?

I went to the launch of the new GS at Lexus Derby, seems like yesterday but a few years must have past.

• 1 month later...

post-49250-0-99419700-1393615672_thumb.j

I found my GS450h shortly after your post. Picked up an 07 plate with 52K on the clock for 12 grand. Cant go wrong when it came from a Lexus Main Dealer with full 12 months Lexus as new Warranty.

I cant get enough of this car, it is a thrill to drive and gets nothing but compliments and praise from freinds and strangers. Even the guys at the local Valet and car wash company wanted to take it home for the weekend today when I asked for my key back.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links