Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi there am the new guy here had my is 250 sel for 2 months love it but somethings I need help with ...as in how do u transfer phone contacts to car phone book via Bluetooth ??

I can't remember exactly how but I can tell you if you have an I Phone then you won't be able to. You will have to enter them manually.

Carl

That's as far as I got agent_dess but don't see anything on the phone for this (im quite good with phones). But a guess I'm on the right road, cheers...

Select all your contacts on the phone and send (via bluetooth). The car accepts a VCF file for contact transfers which is the industry norm for any kind of contact transfer via a mobile phone.

Select all your contacts on the phone and send (via bluetooth). The car accepts a VCF file for contact transfers which is the industry norm for any kind of contact transfer via a mobile phone.

I haven't succeeded in transferring my phonebook yet. Are you able to elaborate on the procedure you mention here please and what is a VCF file? I have an Iphone 3S. Many thanks.

A VCF file is a common extension for V-Card (Electronic business card). If I ask you for a mutual friends phone number. You just go into your phone and send me the V-Card (which is essentially a VCF file) across via email, messaging or Bluetooth and I will then have the said persons contact details in my phone. When trying to transfer contacts to the car we are using the same concept but doing it for all the contacts in the phone book so that you can replicate your phone book on the cars software.

Unfortunately the Iphone does not have the facility to send V-Cards over Bluetooth. You can however export contacts from an Iphone to a laptop using a data cable and then transfer them from the laptop to the car, granted your laptop has Bluetooth functionality.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links