Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Torque Pro App On Android

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone had any experience of using the Torque Pro Android app with the ELM 327 OBD2 Bluetooth receiver?

I am looking to use one on my IS220D. Not for any real purposes, just as a novelty.

Thanks.

Tom

No one?

Well I've bit the bullet and spent the grand sum of £5.60 for a Bluetooth ODB2 reader and another £2.50 or something on the app. The Bluetooth device is arriving from HK so once it comes, I'll feed back to anyone who is interested.

If not, I will just update this thread anyway so that I I can waste a few more minutes at work :-)

Yeah ive been meaning to get one too. Apparently the cheaper ones are laggy. Its also good to have incise engine light comes on. Since the first gen IS200 didnt have atrip computer also i was wondering if the live MPG would come up. See if it does on yours

I have used it. Just this week picked up my IS250 and used it to check for fault codes before I bought the car. I used it for all sorts on my previous car, Mini Cooper S. Had it set to see coolant temp, intake temp and boost. You can set parameters within the app so an alarm goes off to warn you, i.e. oil temp, water temp reaching a certain level. Excellent app for the money.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - Any recommendations on which reader to go for please? Cheap as poss as doing it for the novelty factor, but do not want a laggy one. Too many to choose from on eBay.

p.s. I have an 08' 220d - where is the OBD interface? :)

ta.

@Immortalteh

The reader I bought was this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Diagnostic-Scanner-Engine-READER/dp/B004KL0I9I/ref=sr_1_1?rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1373983795&sr=8-1&keywords=elm+327

It works perfectly with the car and has no lag at all only a few seconds delay in pairing but you get this anyway with Bluetooth.

To install, just plug the device into the ODB2 connector in the drivers footwell. It sits somewhat in line with the brake pedal under the dash. You will notice a large rubber cap on it, pull this away and then plug it in.

One word of warning, the device looks small but is about the size of a 20 pack of fags. Dependant on your seating position, you may kick it when breaking or when moving your feet.

With the device, I was still able to have my phone, BT audio and ODB2 reader all connected and functioning at the same time.

• Like 1

Actually, second word of warning.....

If, like me, you have you torque, boost, HP gauges (basically anything which makes the gauge move all the time) on display, you will find yourself constantly trying to reach 'higher numbers' and inadvertently driving like an idiot on the road.

@Immortalteh

The reader I bought was this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Diagnostic-Scanner-Engine-READER/dp/B004KL0I9I/ref=sr_1_1?rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1373983795&sr=8-1&keywords=elm+327

It works perfectly with the car and has no lag at all only a few seconds delay in pairing but you get this anyway with bluetooth.

To install, just plug the device into the ODB2 connector in the drivers footwell. It sits somewhat in line with the brake pedal under the dash. You will notice a large rubber cap on it, pull this away and then plug it in.

One word of warning, the device looks small but is about the size of a 20 pack of fags. Dependant on your seating position, you may kick it when breaking or when moving your feet.

With the device, I was still able to have my phone, BT audio and ODB2 reader all connected and functioning at the same time.

Brilliant, thanks, ordered!

Actually, second word of warning.....

If, like me, you have you torque, boost, HP gauges (basically anything which makes the gauge move all the time) on display, you will find yourself constantly trying to reach 'higher numbers' and inadvertently driving like an idiot on the road.

Lol, no I'm sure I wont. I'm more worried about resetting any lights/making changes! I hear theres a seperate menu for 'actions' so I will be steering clear of that!

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, just a quick question for those who use OBD2 and Torque Pro... can you use it to monitor the DPF? I want to know when I need to take the car for a blast down the motorway. The wife's changed jobs and now does mostly round town miles and having had to replace the DPF already, I don't want to have to do it again.

Think the DPF is done on Cambus.

Certainly didn't get decent values using ODB2 & Torque for it.

Is fun watching dials / graphs do things tho :D

Thanks, Cap'n! :) I may give it a go and look into Cambus too.

There are some codes on my car that torque and ELM327 pair don't provide. They are only obtainable by using toyota vci cable and toyota techstream software. Toyota compatible vci cable can be bought from eBay and amazon and usually comes with techstream software. I used these to read back airbag code and also for Aircon codes

• Like 1

There are some codes on my car that torque and ELM327 pair don't provide. They are only obtainable by using toyota vci cable and toyota techstream software. Toyota compatible vci cable can be bought from ebay and amazon and usually comes with techstream software. I used these to read back airbag code and also for Aircon codes

Brilliant... thanks for the info. I think that's exactly what I need. Ta.

Can you change vehicle settings using the techstream software and vci cable? I want to change the light sensitivity!

You should be able to, but I can't on mine. I only get the air con settings.

The light settings don't work. I just get an error in the techstream software.

It might be that the settings available on the car vary from year to year and location to location.

• 5 months later...

I'm thinking of investing in one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FPCHNBW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ACZM1ZIB906UA and wondering if anyone knows if its compatible with is200d's. Any advise is much appreciated before I hand over such a vast amount of money!

Update: it finally arrived the other day and it works(after initial Bluetooth connection issue)....now eager to discover what I can do with the torque app!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links