Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

After Market Alloy Wheel Query

hi folks,

Will a set of 17x8" ET35 100 X 5 fit an IS200 or does the offest have always have to be 114.3x5 regardless of what diameter the wheel in question is ?

Seen a nice set of 17'' wheels in the above offset which Id like for the IS/

I always be completely vexed, if I'm honest, with wheel offsets, I can't wrap my head around it so any help here is greatly appreciated !

Thanks

G

100x5 is the pcd, has to do with stud/wheel bolt spacings, you can get away with 2mm or so with "wobble bolts" but not 14.3mm. The ET is the offset number.

Hope this helps, Ian

thanks guys !

so PCD must always be 114.3x5 , does it have to be .3 or would 114x5 be ok ? also what is the correct offsets to work between, I know most cars this can vary between xET - xET, but what is an ideal offset to use for the IS ?

Sorry for the noob questions too

G

The offset is ET50 on an IS.

I've got 8.5x18" ET 45 on mine. With 225/45 tyres. Just stay as close to ET50 as poss was the advice I was given.

114.3x5 is a very common stud pattern. You shouldn't have any problems finding a nice set of wheels :)

A lot of Japanese cars use 114.3 x 5 PCD, Nissan Skylines, Mazda RX7/8 even some Toyotas. I have 17 x 8 Mitsubishi Evo 9 wheels on my LS400 so you can widen your search a little more.

If you are looking at secondhand check all the wheels very carefully for damage/repairs and make sure they are all true and straight, this is very difficult to do if they are without tyres and not fitted to a car.

Also Lexus wheels use a specific type of wheel nut, many aftermarkets use a different type so fit the correct nuts for the wheels.

The link below is useful for finding wheels from other manufacturer's that will fit a Lexus look for the corect PCD and a close offset.

http://www.carlsalter.com/wheel_fitments.html

Offset is well explained in the link below, enter your present wheels details and the wheels you are thinking about buying and it will show you the difference i.e how far they will stick out or how close to the suspension.

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links