Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Vvt-I Badges Opinions Please

petayV8

If a Toyota Yaris has VVT-i badge why cant my Lex! do you guys think it looks good or a not. honest opinions please, wont be offended

Personal opinion is they look tacky, regardless of where you put them. On the grill or boot are the two least obtrusive places, but I still wouldn't have one, and I certainly wouldn't have them on the front wings. I did a screen on a new shape S4 recently, which had "V6" badges under the side repeaters, and I just thought it looked so gash!

Ah fair does. Thanks for feedback. Deffo wouldnt spoil the back with badges it would look cluttered. Got the sports grill with Sports emblem so a vvti on there would look out of place also hense under repeaters. I think instead of sports emblem wouldnnt look out of place. Dont think I will anyway

• Like 1

I thought the back looked cluttered as standard, so off came the Lexus and IS200 badges, leaving just the L logo badge. Which I'm tempted to replace with a smaller one....

2lt1umc.jpg

Dont think it looks that bad tbh and considering its a option with alot of cars these days cant really be called chavvy or anything like that. I guess i just like things to look original, always been my way of thinking. thats just me, thats why i was wary of putting VVT-i badges on it. At the same time i sometimes think why should some chap a Lexus decides what looks good or bad when its my car at the end of the day. Its alway nice to have something unique even if a Lexus isnt unique enough. dont see many :)

• 6 months later...

Where are you putting it?

I had one on my LE grille and thought it looked pretty good there.

IS200-16_zpsbaf0fafc.jpg

I quite like the look of that. Where did you purchase the VVTi badge from? Also how did to attach it to the grille?

Thanks

not even sure why you need a second opinion on this Petay. Lexus engines are VVT-I so why not?? BMW still used the letter (i) which actually means fuel 'injection' to denote their petrol engines and (d) to denote their diesel models at the back of their cars and side of if its a 4x4 model. but all petrol cars these days are fuel injected and most diesel cars of other manufactureses don't carry the d badge so does this make BMW chavvy? our cars are VVT-I engones so I don't see any thing wrong with sticking a VVT-I badge any were on the car tbh.. what I actually find chavvy is e.g. an IS with BMW M6 or Merc AMG wheels wheels on it..if I wanted 19" or 20" rims on my car, it wont be rims of another car manufacturer lol...

Where are you putting it?

I had one on my LE grille and thought it looked pretty good there.

IS200-16_zpsbaf0fafc.jpg

I quite like the look of that. Where did you purchase the VVTi badge from? Also how did to attach it to the grille?

Thanks

The badge came from eBay. It had a self-adhesive backing on it, plus I used a small zip-tie.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links