Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have topped up the air in my tyres today - fronts at 45 and rears at 48 psi. I have used the table on the inner drivers door to find out this info. Tyres on the car are standard 17's.

Do these values sound a bit high to anyone - its whats on the table so I no reason to doubt really, just seems a bit high. Can anyone confirm these are correct pressures?

Also while doing this I noticed the wheel rotation is wrong - I guess someone at some point has rotated the wheels so I need to put these back - other than not having the best grip in the wet is there anything else that would be off with the set up at the moment (road noise etc...)

thanks

Those pressures seem too high. Are u sure that's not pressures for high speed running? Toyota usually put three different pressures for different speeds and loads.

I have topped up the air in my tyres today - fronts at 45 and rears at 48 psi. I have used the table on the inner drivers door to find out this info. Tyres on the car are standard 17's.

Do these values sound a bit high to anyone - its whats on the table so I no reason to doubt really, just seems a bit high. Can anyone confirm these are correct pressures?

Also while doing this I noticed the wheel rotation is wrong - I guess someone at some point has rotated the wheels so I need to put these back - other than not having the best grip in the wet is there anything else that would be off with the set up at the moment (road noise etc...)

thanks

Does not sound right...but I'm a tad confused. Your avatar shows a 250 but your description says 200le. Exactly what do you have? What tyre sizes are you running?

These numbers apply for the 16 inch 205/55 > 130 mph ;) according to my plate.

I drive with this setup as it at least saves some fuel and this small over filling does not really impact the handling.

Three options are written on the plate for different dimensions. Next one for the 16 inch would be 100 mpH - 130 mph: Front: 42 psi Back: 45

on my 18's i run 35 front, 38 rear as they are a wider tyre

Agreed. That's what I have with 18" rims. 225 on the front and 240 on the rear.

I'd recommend following the given pressures or you are likely to get uneven wear. Watch out for a thinning centre or a thinning outer edge(s). It can be a costly mistake.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links