Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I am not sure if this deplorable act of gross stupidity has been seen on the forum, if so I apologise for posting it again.

For those of you with a weak disposition please have medical assistance to hand

Such a waste !

Clarkson is a complete bellend , I know someone who went to a TG programme and what you see on the camera is not what you get in the flesh he told me that during a break between filming he seemingly turned from being the "likeable" bafoon that we all see on the telly to one of the rudist person he has ever met and treated people (audience) with very little respect. Have always found his test drives boring and slightly inane particularly where he feels the need to smoke them doing doughnuts ....what is the point of all that??? :megaangry:

• Like 1

When he first started on the original top gear he was quite funny....Now i just hate the bloke with a passion..Like you say he's rude and obnoxious to boot.

He and the other idiot hammond should be flogged. I just about have time for James May though. Some of the other programmes he has presented were quite good.

Who cares, it just shows that he's got no taste, and his only interest is Germany, which we've all known for years. Interesting the way he didn't drive it against one of his favourite 3rd Reich chav mobiles. Now that would have been interesting! Much better to look at the 2 early top gear videos of the LS where it comes out top against the others.

When he first started on the original top gear he was quite funny....Now i just hate the bloke with a passion..Like you say he's rude and obnoxious to boot.

He and the other idiot hammond should be flogged. I just about have time for James May though. Some of the other programmes he has presented were quite good.

They always speak so highly of you. Mike

Meaning?????

Meaning?????

No I was just saying. Mike

I have actually met him and as the guy who went to a recording noted, he is very different to his on screen personality.

I cant stand any of them. They talk to us as though we are complete idiots with an IQ level of around zero, we only ever want to see cars doing wheelies and producing smoke from every orifice. The old program that appealed to all sectors and put together with some intelligence was a completely different animal, thing is a program like that costs money as script writers want paying (and quite rightly) but it costs nothing to get companies to loan you their cars and then all they do is try and wreck them. The BBC should be ashamed of themselves. Mike

I always record it and then watch it the next day only ever takes me around 10 mins to watch the semi interesting bits. Mike

• Like 1

Thanks 'VijayA', I had not seen that program before. And I agree about the deplorable waste. Was a nice looking LS400 before it's destruction.

However, from a thrillseeker's point of view, I thought the description fair. Boring yet utterly reliable, quieter than an already quiet Rolls Roice, etc - all 'music to my ears'!

As to the winning Mercedes, well, I was very disappointed. I think none of those cars in the program get even close to providing the excitement and breathtaking drive of the Atom!

There is of course a hidden positive to this. Having slated the car in such graphic terms he did us all a favour by putting off many who thought it might be a nice car to own one, but as we know the number of times these cars break down is really not on, we who love these cars put up with that the boring ride, again hes right, how green do we look, when we look enviously at happy BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar owners driving round with not a care in the world.

No Credit where credit is due he did us all a favour, putting off all those would be LS owners means there are more for us to buy.

I am going to send Clarkson a huge thank you card. Mike

You know what, seeing this makes me ashamed - no - humiliated to work for the BBC (although I have absolutely nothing to do with TG). An organisation that shouts from the rooftops about its "green" credentials and efficient use of the licence fee.

I hadn't seen this clip before, and I didn't even bother to put on my headphones to hear where this was going - I could tell. Of course, destroying the car rather than giving it away obviously makes good entertainment for some.

TG is one sick programme if I may say so, and befitting of Clarkson's obsession with killing machines. (See the evil glint in his eye?)

They call this "delivering quality first", by the way.

Whilst I hadnt considered the BBC angle in this instance, I have often wondered why so many cars are simply destroyed and or left to rot. Why does the BBC approve such waste?

Having thought a bit more about Clarksons comments, I'm trying to understand what makes a car interesting. He seems to suggest that quite, reliable comfort is boring. I'm not sure what a car has to do to be "interesting" Breaking down? Wheels falling off? Fat exhaust to make it noisy and a long drive tiring? It can't be power because the LS has that. Or maybe it's "interesting" if like my friends Merc E320 (53 reg) you spend £1400 having a part fitted to the braking system.

The only conclusion any sane person can come to is that Clarkson is speaking total Bratwurst! But what's new?

Having thought a bit more about Clarksons comments, I'm trying to understand what makes a car interesting. He seems to suggest that quite, reliable comfort is boring. I'm not sure what a car has to do to be "interesting" Breaking down? Wheels falling off? Fat exhaust to make it noisy and a long drive tiring? It can't be power because the LS has that. Or maybe it's "interesting" if like my friends Merc E320 (53 reg) you spend £1400 having a part fitted to the braking system.

The only conclusion any sane person can come to is that Clarkson is speaking total Bratwurst! But what's new?

Richard Cranium. Mike

aah!

Clarkson is so wealthy that a car that needs constant repair, works half the time and leaves your ears bleeding is no problem. Just hand over another few thousand and a minion will bring along the next partially reliable overpriced heap of non-Lexus tat. The comment on the Phaeton was interesting, a friend of mine has one, and it has to go see the garage doctor about 5 times a year. He wished he bought a Lexus.

I do like watch TG sometimes but regard it as program of 3 clowns (one who knows a bit about mechanics) playing silly beggers to fill up one hour of a few sunday nights. But I can only watch about one series in every 3, life is too short to bother with all of them.

They mainly seem to like vehicles that boy racers would like but could not afford or cars that males on their menopuase feel the need to use as an alternative peacock display.

Tis true when I was a young lad I craved one day owning a Lambo or Ferrari, but having been in a few super cars of UK and German make from E-type to DB9, a 911 beetle thingy, Range Rover Sport to name a few, I would happily keep a LS400 over any of them.

A mate of mine has just bought an Evo 9, he may as well have got the go-cart I built when I was 12 and strapped an RB11 to it, as that makes about as much sense and has the same level of comfort, (slightly better cornering) there is no rhyme or reason behind what a 45 year will sometimes do when he trades up from a Ford Focus!!!!

I can't answer that. But I do know that as a rule-of-thumb, TV costs at least 10 x that for radio to produce.

Now, just imagine that it used to be your car....

I think most of Top Gear is filmed rather than using bog standard broadcast quality video and filming is amazingly expensive. Hey its only TV licence payers money. Mike

I think a lot of what J C as to say about the LS400 is keeping Prose with his original comments when he went head to head with his then co-presenter Quinten Wilson .As we all know Wilson is the greatest fan of the LS400 and Clarkson was at the time of that show very anti Lexus probably because he saw it as a major threat to his beloved BMW and all the freebies it represented to the motoring correspondents.

Even Clarkson as had to come round to the idea that the Lexus brand is by virtue the most successful brand in the last 20 years since its Launch 25 years ago .There is some weakening of his stance and he probably chose the LS400 because it is dated and to some people past its time .How wrong they are, the jelly shaped universal mould that is everyones design feature now is outstripped by the no nonsense elegant design of the LS400 that does not age in style but shows its class to everyone that turns their head to take a second look.

Clarkson has really shown his true colours in that film. i.e.German cars good, anything else bad. More german cars are sold here than in any other country (bar Germany of course). This has got to be due to the popularity of Top Gear. The promotion of Mercedes Spends, BMTrouble you and Daudi is unrelenting. I was in the States recently visiting family and hardly saw a german car. Very refreshing. Saw plenty of Jap cars though, including some Lexi too. I drove a nearly new 911 a while ago. What a disappointment. Don't know what all the fuss is about. It was not as fast as I thought it would be,--plus it was noisy and bumpy,--- I couldn't wait to get behind the wheel of my LS. Clarkson really has lost the plot.

Clarkson is a complete bellend , I know someone who went to a TG programme and what you see on the camera is not what you get in the flesh he told me that during a break between filming he seemingly turned from being the "likeable" bafoon that we all see on the telly to one of the rudist person he has ever met and treated people (audience) with very little respect. Have always found his test drives boring and slightly inane particularly where he feels the need to smoke them doing doughnuts ....what is the point of all that??? :megaangry:

I completely agree with this.

He turns me off completely.

I just switch off any of his programmes, and I refuse to buy any of his merchandise, and won't accept any of his merchandise as gifts either (and i always ask for the receipt so I can get a refund of the money).

A lot of these TV people are now being charged with sexual offences. With any luck it will be JC next.......LOL

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links