Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All.

I'm a new member here so want to say hello! - I have a 1990 LS400 - one of the first in the UK as I understand and I love it like an old dog! After seeing the Top Gear test on youtube:

I realised my car was the original vehicle tested on Top Gear by Chris Goffey (aka the glass of water test car - Not ragged out by Clarkson luckily - though likley ragged by motoring Journalists in 1990!!).

The car is on light duties these days and gets used when then other car is broken (It's a Range Rover - so as you can imagine the LS400 comes in useful!!). Perhaps every Landrover should come with a Lexus! I bought it when I used to own a Landcruiser - which developed a cracked cylinder head - and the Lexus had to do an Irish Epic holiday as the stand in - a totally supurb car!

Anyway, I have attached a photo of EPE - just to show it's still going stong after 159000 miles.post-47952-0-07388400-1377379797_thumb.j

Best wishes 400'ers..

Si.

Best wishes to you too, Si. I bought my first LS 400 Mk 3 in March last year with 221,700 miles on the clock. I like the car so much that yesterday I bought my second LS 400, a Mk 4, with 167,000 miles in lovely condition. These cars are magnificent. Welcome to the Club!

Pepe

It was 3.03 a.m. when I read Simon's post last night and I (understandably?) missed the point that it was the very same car tested in Top Gear. Reading Phil's remarks made me realise my omission. A very special car to own indeed! Congratulations!

Thanks guys, its great to hear from like minded 400'ers!

By the sound of it 159000 miles in not at all high - (it is in a Range Rover!!)

I bought the car by chance from a very dodgey farm in Berkshire - certainly without doubt the best car I've ever owned!

It has the standard list of faults - LCD display, driver seat transfer bar and the aircon needs servicing. I'll get looking though the forum for tips on fixes!

Best Wishes

Si.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the tip ref Chris Vince - I'll get in touch with him!

I'm very close to the Toyota / Lexus Headoffice Near Epsom. The car is going for the MOT this week - but feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to let you have a look at it. It's not concourse - a few marks and almost 24 years of wear - the front seats are a little discoloured - I'm looking at getting them tidied up, it's just an honest LS with a bit of history..

Best Wishes

Si.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the tip ref Chris Vince - I'll get in touch with him!

I'm very close to the Toyota / Lexus Headoffice Near Epsom. The car is going for the MOT this week - but feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to let you have a look at it. It's not concourse - a few marks and almost 24 years of wear - the front seats are a little discoloured - I'm looking at getting them tidied up, it's just an honest LS with a bit of history..

Best Wishes

Si.

I go near Epsom quite a lot, maybe I can call by sometime soon?

Phil

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links