Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Literally About To Get My Tints Done...

yes tints are illegal. not every one follows the law. :msn-oh:

the windows have factory shade of tint as standard.

if your going to still tint, go with the light shade will looks much better.

As far as I know, it isn't illegal to tint the fronts, but there are legal limits for the amount of tint. From memory, the front windscreen must allow at least 75% of light through, side front windows must let at least 70% of light through, and no limits for the rear windows.

Whos tinted the windscreen? :o

Yeah its 75% for front but what most ppl do is just do it a shade lighter and its less obviousy even if your 10% darker thanyou should they'll just see its lighter and wont stop you and test it

Think I might just tint back doors and leave rear screen to keep cost down, ians didnt look bad, in fact I prob wouldnt of noticed if he didnt say

As far as I know, it isn't illegal to tint the fronts, but there are legal limits for the amount of tint. From memory, the front windscreen must allow at least 75% of light through, side front windows must let at least 70% of light through, and no limits for the rear windows.

Sorry Pete, Not saying anyone on here would , just replying to Tigerfish post. Although i bet some numpty somewhere has

I think you went for a good shade Noreen.

tints will get a little lighter after a few days as the excess water dries up & I am sure the guy told you don't open your windows for a while :zorro:

oh I see lol

Sorry Pete, Not saying anyone on here would , just replying to Tigerfish post. Although i bet some numpty somewhere has

I.ve never known anyone to tint the windscreen. Total madness.

No one in their right mind would, but windscreens as standard have a colour tint (mostly green in this country, but also blue, grey, bronze and what's called "clear solar" which is the purplish/blueish petrol effect you'll often see on Renault's), which will restrict light pass-through more so than a completely clear one, and they also have a layer of laminate between the sheets of glass, which also dampens light passthrough. Hence why there is a tolerance on % of light passthrough

I.ve never known anyone to tint the windscreen. Total madness.

No one in their right mind would, but windscreens as standard have a colour tint (mostly green in this country, but also blue, grey, bronze and what's called "clear solar" which is the purplish/blueish petrol effect you'll often see on Renault's), which will restrict light pass-through more so than a completely clear one, and they also have a layer of laminate between the sheets of glass, which also dampens light passthrough. Hence why there is a tolerance on % of light passthrough

ive noticed this. interesting stuff.

you don't need to tint the screen as mentioned they come with a slight tint standard.

if so your asking to go head on with some vehicle!

its enough doing the side windows at front.

and guaranteed 3 points fixed penalty if stopped by the copper with the machine. also insurance is void incase of accident.

however, there is a tint film from usa where its clear on the inside and tint on the outside, wont effect drivers view. very expensive and very rare tint people use them.

yep, tints were mainly used by the old mafia dons, using limo black tints on every piece of window there is!

there inside view was perfect clear like there is no tint paper attached.

old classic cars not sure from what age, are still allowed tints of which ever shade..

as for us lot we are only allowed from the centre pillar backwards of any shade.

have done window tinting 2 years at a company and use to also get people who wanted front screens but they never tinted the sides.

I see a lot of people today with tinted front screens, its a different ball game altogether and think looks fantastic!

What are the tints that the new Bentleys, S8's and top spec S Class have? It's like a cloudy smokey effect which seems to change depending on the light. Is this film or the actual glass? Looks quite good.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links