Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx450H - Before And After Facelift

Is someone out there able to highlight the most important changes made to the RX450h when it was facelifted - I think in 2011?

Were they purely cosmetic (revised bumpers and addition of day time running lights), or were there some more fundamental improvements?

Thank you

• 2 months later...

running lights

4 parking sensors at front

updated screen graphics

new trim in cabin

better DAB reception IMHO

no longer has 6 slot CD in dash or HD storage of music

power socket and ipod port now at top of centre console not the bottom

power socket under dash/console

redesigned cargo cover - shorter but less rattly

redesigned menu options from the steering wheel which is also has new buttons

EV mode now has a button near armrest

sport mode

simplified voice control

internet search option - which I cannot get to work on Vodafone

Bluetooth audio option

Satnav has speed limits listed

running lights

4 parking sensors at front

updated screen graphics

new trim in cabin

better DAB reception IMHO

no longer has 6 slot CD in dash or HD storage of music

power socket and ipod port now at top of centre console not the bottom

power socket under dash/console

redesigned cargo cover - shorter but less rattly

redesigned menu options from the steering wheel which is also has new buttons

EV mode now has a button near armrest

sport mode

simplified voice control

internet search option - which I cannot get to work on Vodafone

Bluetooth audio option

Satnav has speed limits listed

The 2011 facelift does not have sport mode I believe. This is only available on the 2013 MY. Are you referring to the s - shift mode?

sorry my assumption was what was the difference between the original 3rd gen rX and the latest model rx - gen 3.5... it does have a sport mode. Mine was bought September 2012.

Yep, mine has sport mode being a 2012 F Sport. Feels so much better with it on, dont really know what Id do without it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i have a RX400h, but when mine was serviced i had a IS 300h loan car, my observation / question is: I love the All round parking sensors and speed limit warnings on that car.. are those

features on the RX450 these days?

thanks

ja

Hi, i have a RX400h, but when mine was serviced i had a IS 300h loan car, my observation / question is: I love the All round parking sensors and speed limit warnings on that car.. are those

features on the RX450 these days?

thanks

ja

Yes the RX450h has a parking camera and the sensors all around

Good morning, I am on my 3rd RX. RX400h followed by 2 x RX450h, the last one in Feb 2013. I don't know if it's my imagination but it is a better drive than the last 450h. It also has a sport mode that is new. All in all a nice car unless you want to do some towing and then it is lacking compared to a similar sized and priced 4 x 4.

Good morning, I am on my 3rd RX. RX400h followed by 2 x RX450h, the last one in Feb 2013. I don't know if it's my imagination but it is a better drive than the last 450h. It also has a sport mode that is new. All in all a nice car unless you want to do some towing and then it is lacking compared to a similar sized and priced 4 x 4.

Its definitely not your imagination. They changed the suspension setup and tightened up the chassis a bit more.

is the reversing camera better in the dark in the new 450h? I guess it does not have night vision or anything so fancy?

ja

Rear lights are pretty bright so light everything up anyway. Never had a problem myself.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links