Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Removing Cats

Zackpn

I really am baffled sometimes removing cats what for?to achieve what :-/

Well the two cats on the manifold are going anyway due to turbo down pipe. but dont want engine light on.

Removing the cats on the manifold will not bring the EML on. Those cats are known as Precats and a lot of members who have theirs supercharged will remove them as they break up under high temperature and clog the main cat. Easy job is to cut open a flap, gut it and weld the flap closed.

All I know about a sports cat as the main cat is that anyone who I know who has fitted one it has failed and had to be replaced. That's two people and it's enough to put me off fitting one.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Removing the cats will make it sound raspy , won't give you any gains , leave them in mate not worth the hassle .

Some people remove the cats when fitting a supercharger because they say it runs much hotter and destroys the cats .

It doesn't anyway but like I say don't waste your time .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links