Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Else As Sad As Me? - Customised Start Up Screen

I can't decide whether it is really cool or absolutely dreadful but anyway, I have, at least for the moment, customised my start up screen.

The screen fires up with the whizzy blue line and Lexus logo and then this image pops up for a second or so:

post-26582-0-45781200-1378981729_thumb.j

Then the normal home screen as customised comes up. It's easy to do and in the nav manual, I think page 76, if not search the index for customise start up screen.

Basically save an image (or a few as it can store more than one) to a usb flashdrive, into a folder called Image. Must be "Image", nothing else. Pop that into the usb slot and select upload image from the menu. Sorry I can't remember exactly which of the menus you access for this, but it is in the manual.

It took me about 5 mins to do. A five minute wonder no doubt but hey, makes me chuckle.

David (or RetarDAD as one of my daughters has me saved in her phone) :unsure:

Just as long as you not wearing Lexus cravat, cufflinks and baseball hat as well.

Then you may a problem sir!!! :whistling:

Oh dear, knowing I am also bit of a watch freak the dealership threw one of these in:

post-26582-0-08408800-1378991386_thumb.j

I guess I'll just wait for the men in white coats to arrive :wacko:

Hi DJP

OMG I've been fancying the watch did you drop any hints?

D

I suggested that the best way for me to continue to advertise the brand when not driving the car was to have the watch. They agreed with my logic.

Well done DJP, I didn't even get a full tank of petrol!

Really! I got one of those too, standard practise from Lexus Croydon on purchase of a new car.

The best bit is I've done nearly 400 miles and the trip says I've still over 100 left in the tank!

Happy days!

I only got half a tank full! I did get picked up in an IS300h Luxury and taken the 30 miles to the dealer to collect my car. I found the 30min trip enjoyable, the new IS is a really nice car

That GS you're cruising around in is not too shabby either! I had one for a day and enjoyed it very much, especially the power. A bit too big for me though.

Enjoy.

I only got half a tank full! I did get picked up in an IS300h Luxury and taken the 30 miles to the dealer to collect my car. I found the 30min trip enjoyable, the new IS is a really nice car

That GS you're cruising around in is not too shabby either! I had one for a day and enjoyed it very much, especially the power. A bit too big for me though.

Enjoy.

I can't stop smiling :D

Hi johnm112

As you are from Northumberland you didn't by any chance get your GS 450h from Lexus Newcastle, I have a new IS 250 on order from them and I would hope for a minimum of a full tank of fuel, which I've received with my last two Lexuses, even though the first one was secondhand if only six month old.

Half a tank with a GS 450h seems a bit mean.

D

Hi johnm112

As you are from Northumberland you didn't by any chance get your GS 450h from Lexus Newcastle, I have a new IS 250 on order from them and I would hope for a minimum of a full tank of fuel, which I've received with my last two Lexuses, even though the first one was secondhand if only six month old.

Half a tank with a GS 450h seems a bit mean.

D

Hi Dixgas. Yes I bought my car from Lexus Newcastle, picked it up last week. I thought half a tank was a bit mean too, I should've said something at the handover! Didn't get any other goodies either. Can't fault them otherwise

Thanks for the reply johnm112

If you compare the price difference between a 250 and a 450h it would appear I will need to take a can of unleaded fuel with me when I collect my new motor.

There again reading your earlier post I assume you had no trade in and informed opinion is they make more profit from the sale of a s/h vehicle than the new one, and if you did a bit of haggling.....

Still only another seven weeks or so to wait.

D

You are not the only one with a custom start up screen David... I am sad too! :)

hybrid.jpg

Crickey! That makes mine look positively amateurish, it's fantastic :backofnet:

We obviously have too much time on our hands...

If you compare the price difference between a 250 and a 450h it would appear I will need to take a can of unleaded fuel with me when I collect my new motor.

There again reading your earlier post I assume you had no trade in and informed opinion is they make more profit from the sale of a s/h vehicle than the new one, and if you did a bit of haggling.....

D

Dixgas, you're correct in saying I didn't have a trade in - I had a buyer lined up for my E320CDI but unfortunatley he was offered a very good deal on another car, so I'm now the owner of 2 very nice cars for the time being :D . I paid cash for my GS and did get a decent discount from Lexus Newcastle.

I had to wait 16 weeks for my car, the first ten weeks dragged by but the last six flew over, so you'll have yours in no time

D

Dixgas, you're correct in saying I didn't have a trade in - I had a buyer lined up for my E320CDI but unfortunatley he was offered a very good deal on another car, so I'm now the owner of 2 very nice cars for the time being :D . I paid cash for my GS and did get a decent discount from Lexus Newcastle.

I had to wait 16 weeks for my car, the first ten weeks dragged by but the last six flew over, so you'll have yours in no time

Oops sorry about that.

Johnm122

I to am paying the difference in cash, I find the salesperson face drops a little when you mention cash, nice little earner for them when you take out credit.

My you certainly have two nice cars, you won't know which way to turn when you leave the house in the morning, and I am taking " the last six flew over " with a pince of salt.

Cheers

D

Oops sorry about that.

Johnm122

I to am paying the difference in cash, I find the salesperson face drops a little when you mention cash, nice little earner for them when you take out credit.

My you certainly have two nice cars, you won't know which way to turn when you leave the house in the morning, and I am taking " the last six flew over " with a pince of salt.

Cheers

D

I only had to wait two weeks for mine, and as it was the showroom model I drove past it every day waiting for the 1st Sept. Longest two weeks of my life. I do not understand the meaning of the word "patience".

Oops sorry about that.

Johnm122

Cheers

D

I only had to wait two weeks for mine, and as it was the showroom model I drove past it every day waiting for the 1st Sept. Longest two weeks of my life. I do not understand the meaning of the word "patience".

Hi DJP

I also not the patient of people and the last five weeks ( since I placed the order ) as seemed like five months, and you guys don't help, with your smug comments about how good it is.

Still something to look forward too has the dark nights creep up on us.

D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links